Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Median to above confidence for moderate (major?) impact event, midweek

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I have a feeling there is def going to be a swath of decent power outages. Not the extent of Halloween 2011 or anything, but maybe something a little more robust than 2/5/16

I think from downtown Boston out to rt 128 could be at greatest risk for power disruption.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I have a feeling there is def going to be a swath of decent power outages. Not the extent of Halloween 2011 or anything, but maybe something a little more robust than 2/5/16

I'm thinking similar to that second storm in the duple event of December 1996

5 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

The surface low ejecting off the coast looks way south and east to me on meso analysis but I'm not certain. 

Transitioning to the desktop. 

Unisys 3hr pres drop has it off mid NC coast

SPC meso wind direction put it around same

NAM does not look far off to me, but good pickup, this is gonna be fun tracking thru the night... I think the further south --> later capture --> further east track

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm thinking similar to that second storm in the duple event of December 1996

Weird random note about that storm....while I was thundersnowing my way to > 2 foot depths in ORH during that one...and most inside of 495 were raining, there was this very narrow zone of ZR....quite rare for that synoptic setup with a marginal airmass. But my cousins lived in Hopkinton at the time and they got about 5" of paste that flipped to marginal ZR at 31F and they just went to town fr hours with it. They must've had almost a half inch of ice from that on top of the paste already clinging to everything....knocked power out for basically the whole town ad some of the towns nearby in that small zone.

Anyways...

Archived