Newest Member
    joxey
March or BUST! - Pattern & Model Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, weathafella said:

maude is all in-invested sensing this is the one for he and Diane.

I haven't really rooted hard for many if any all season. Kinda like seeing them play out, especially down here. However, as we are nearing the end of the season I'm pulling hard for this one. :) 

23 minutes ago, rnaude241 said:

Nam says clear and cold. 

The players that are involved in this cast aren't even all in the NAM's domain space... 

I'm not certain of this, but... I seem to recall reading that the NAM is relayed features off the global runs into the "edges" of it's domains space... which terminates out around 130 W in the east Pacific and up over Alask I believe.  

In other words, this may not be the best of circumstances for that model to sniff things out... This whole deal is beyond 84 hours - might be a clue.  

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Tip secretly loves the JMA. Mentions it more than Snow88 did when it scored it’s one and only win in Feb 06. 

actually...  that azzhole secretly thinks that many of the return site-hobbyists and devoted followers are in fact neurotically dependent upon the model cinema of snow storms, in some sort of weird trigger for serotonin regulation (feelings of joy) ...versus thus allowing these tools to drill them to melancholy.   You can see/sense it in the tonality and flavor of posting content... Anyway, playing along, he finds model runs that will suffice what it is people want to see.   

In the last three events, the JMA happens to be of that complexion.  I assure you ...when it starts pooping in the punch y'all drink ... I'll stop serving you cups of it.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

actually...  that azzhole secretly thinks that many of the return site-hobbyists and devoted followers are in fact neurotically dependent upon the model cinema of snow storms, in some sort of weird trigger for serotonin regulation (feelings of joy) ...versus thus allowing these tools to drill them to melancholy.   You can see/sense it in the tonality and flavor of posting content... Anyway, playing along, he finds model runs that will suffice what it is people want to see.   

In the last three events, the JMA happens to be of that complexion.  I assure you ...when it start pooping in the punch y'all drink ... I'll stop serving you cups of it.

:lol: now that's funny right there....

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, watch St Patty's day.....that may be one, big closing act on this winter.

Mass tele convergence/modularity.

Archambault much?

Ray congrats on your blog, I think you did well, ASH came in at 13.5" according to our water department where readings are taken, HOWEVER, after sitting in a plow truck for over 15 hours, winds were light so i will rule out "drifting" the density etc. i took two measurements, 15+/- and one almost 16", I guess maybe i was lucky during a good those heavy bandings....Sorry its friday off track...regarding next Saturday, i thought this am recent models where showing very "mild temps"?

St P ... really? 

I would have thunk it's the run up to max PNA that offers the best correction ... not so much on the descent.  17th seems a bit late on that evolution, but I suppose technically it is a phase change with a major mass domain space so...  

I think the NAO is kind of a wild card.  

52 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

So Maue may a big stink about posting when he was with Weatherbell?  But now that he is elsewhere its ok.  

Interesting.

I think Ryan has always been in favor of letting subscribers post images on social media. I’m guessing either JB or JDA weren’t in favor of it. Ryan made a blog post around the New Year giving the OK to share images on social media so that’s when I started letting his stuff go. If he has a problem with it all he has to do is let us know and we’ll crack down. Basically we assume paywalled images are a no-go unless otherwise stated.

1 minute ago, 512high said:

Ray congrats on your blog, I think you did well, ASH came in at 13.5" according to our water department where readings are taken, HOWEVER, after sitting in a plow truck for over 15 hours, winds were light so i will rule out "drifting" the density etc. i took two measurements, 15+/- and one almost 16", I guess maybe i was lucky during a good those heavy bandings....Sorry its friday off track...regarding next Saturday, i thought this am recent models where showing very "mild temps"?

I did ok on that event.....there were some issues. I posted the link to the verification in the other thread.

Def. bang up job in the medium range..never bought the tucked rainer with that NAO block and -PNA.

Archived