Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

George BM

1 hour ago, usedtobe said:

My surface temp could temporarily drop with evaporational cooling but the temp aloft is probably already above freezing and by noon will be torching.

yea not a good setup for us, though i didn't think the cold would erode so quickly here.  even cad is failing us lol.  hopefully we can score something here in the next few weeks.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got chili in the slow cooker, and I'll get the crab dip going in another hour. Currently drinking a Yeti Chocolate Oak-aged Imperial Stout. Pretty good stuff. A bit on the hoppy side- it is an Imperial after all- but I almost think it is more of a function of the dark choco than the hops. Either way, its good. Cheers!

So whats everyone doing/cooking/drinking for SB?

13 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Got chili in the slow cooker, and I'll get the crab dip going in another hour. Currently drinking a Yeti Chocolate Oak-aged Imperial Stout. Pretty good stuff. A bit on the hoppy side- it is an Imperial after all- but I almost think it is more of a function of the dark choco than the hops. Either way, its good. Cheers!

Leaving work in an hour or so to head to Kent Island to my friends place. We went to school together at Millersville and her and her fiance are huge Eagles fans, being from eastern PA. I'm bringing a nugget tray from Chick Fil A and they're making Buffalo Chicken dip and homemade cheesesteaks using Filet Mignon and NY Strip since the butcher ran out of Ribeye lol. I don't think I'm going to complain, although I still can't eat it as a sandwich with my wisdom tooth recovery. Fork and knife it is.   

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

Leaving work in an hour or so to head to Kent Island to my friends place. We went to school together at Millersville and her and her fiance are huge Eagles fans, being from eastern PA. I'm bringing a nugget tray from Chick Fil A and they're making Buffalo Chicken dip and homemade cheesesteaks using Filet Mignon and NY Strip since the butcher ran out of Ribeye lol. I don't think I'm going to complain, although I still can't eat it as a sandwich with my wisdom tooth recovery. Fork and knife it is.   

Awesome. I love KI. I hang out there a lot. I am at Terrapin Park usually once a week. Damn that sounds like quite a spread. At least the Filet is super tender- so not much chewing lol. Enjoy! And Go Eagles. I think they have a legit chance.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Awesome. I love KI. I hang out there a lot. I am at Terrapin Park usually once a week. Damn that sounds like quite a spread. At least the Filet is super tender- so not much chewing lol. Enjoy! And Go Eagles. I think they have a legit chance.

Yeah. KI is wonderful. GF and I like to hike Terrapin in the Spring and summer. My friend has brought us to a few local spots that are amazing. Spent my birthday last year at Dirty Dave's Beach Bar in Stevensville. Pretty awesome spot. And yes on the filet haha. That will be some of the tasty cheesesteak I'll ever eat I'm sure.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Skins fan I am guessing? For the greater good, NE must not win. 

Skins fan here, but my dad has been a Steelers fan for a long time, so they're our "AFC team". When the Skins suck (which they usually do) we root for the Steelers. No way would we want the Patriots to match the Steelers in Superbowl wins

34 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ribs sound good. Love DFH. Not a huge IPA fan, but I can drink that one.

Actually Steelers so I am leaning Eagles...the 60 minute is the easiest drinking IPA

35 minutes ago, gunny23 said:

We've had nine racks of ribs on Smoker since 1030 and tapped a fresh keg of Lost Rhino Chasers Fri night.  GO PATS!

I’m a lazy rib person...2.5 hours on low on the grill...last 10 with bbq brushed on

1 hour ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

As a former Redskins fan, I won't root.

2 hours ago, Cobalt said:

Skins fan here, but my dad has been a Steelers fan for a long time, so they're our "AFC team". When the Skins suck (which they usually do) we root for the Steelers. No way would we want the Patriots to match the Steelers in Superbowl wins

2 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Ribs sound good. Love DFH. Not a huge IPA fan, but I can drink that one.

Skins fan too and no way I am rooting for the eagles... no offense to eagles fans for sure, they have pulled off amazing games the past few. But I can't root for another NFC team. 

Having said that, let the best team win!!!!

I'm liking the SPV split that is underway and the high latitude blocking showing up in the long range. The strong Pacific jet is one hurdle to overcome that I'm watching though. Hoping for the trends to continue.

We're getting to a more important range though. I'll take any positive trend we can get.

6 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Meat sauce pasta and red wine.

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived