Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

George BM

13 hours ago, yoda said:

It's remarkable man. Wall goes out and the bench catches fire. Unselfish offense and great defense. Most importantly...the wizards are closing out second halves when they have the lead. It got on my nerves so bad when they would play iso 1 on 1 offense when leading in the second half. The easiest way to blow a lead is to switch to iso crap. Nobody is ever in position for rebounds. 

Im starting to believe in a 2 seed again... my biggest fear is trading oubre for a big like Jordan. Stick with what you have even if though there's no room to sign Oubre after this year... I have a hunch the trade deadline is going to piss off a lot of wiz fans. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

It's remarkable man. Wall goes out and the bench catches fire. Unselfish offense and great defense. Most importantly...the wizards are closing out second halves when they have the lead. It got on my nerves so bad when they would play iso 1 on 1 offense when leading in the second half. The easiest way to blow a lead is to switch to iso crap. Nobody is ever in position for rebounds. 

Im starting to believe in a 2 seed again... my biggest fear is trading oubre for a big like Jordan. Stick with what you have even if though there's no room to sign Oubre after this year... I have a hunch the trade deadline is going to piss off a lot of wiz fans. 

I'd rather them trade Porter instead of Oubre if that came to fruition.  More athletic wing who could develop to someone who can get their own shot.  Porter is and will always be a catch and shoot type player with limited upside.

29 minutes ago, LP08 said:

I'd rather them trade Porter instead of Oubre if that came to fruition.  More athletic wing who could develop to someone who can get their own shot.  Porter is and will always be a catch and shoot type player with limited upside.

Nobody would take porter. 1st year in a max contact...not a chance another team buys that. I don't disagree with your logic at all its just not mathematically possible.

@H2O

Anyone who thinks wall is a problem hasn't watched many games this year. If you want to pin anything on a single player I would say Morris is the problem or even Gortat when it comes to the starting crew. The bench is just now finding themselves in a groove. Might be because of extra minutes with wall out or it might just be part of the maturation process that every team goes through during a long 80+ game season. 

If we trade for Jordan it will be a great short term strategy but what we give up might prove too expensive down the line. At the end of the day we're still a player or 2 short of a title. The east is wide open but taking down the likes of GS or the Rockets is a tall freekin order. Current personal can't do it imho. 

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Nobody would take porter. 1st year in a max contact...not a chance another team buys that. I don't disagree with your logic at all its just not mathematically possible.

@H2O

Anyone who thinks wall is a problem hasn't watched many games this year. If you want to pin anything on a single player I would say Morris is the problem or even Gortat when it comes to the starting crew. The bench is just now finding themselves in a groove. Might be because of extra minutes with wall out or it might just be part of the maturation process that every team goes through during a long 80+ game season. 

If we trade for Jordan it will be a great short term strategy but what we give up might prove too expensive down the line. At the end of the day we're still a player or 2 short of a title. The east is wide open but taking down the likes of GS or the Rockets is a tall freekin order. Current personal can't do it imho. 

I was reading Zach Lowe this morning and the package floated was Oubre, first round pick Gortat and maybe Jason smith.  That is incredibly steep for a player like Jordan.

4 minutes ago, LP08 said:

I was reading Zach Lowe this morning and the package floated was Oubre, first round pick Gortat and maybe Jason smith.  That is incredibly steep for a player like Jordan.

Yea, it's a bit of a lose lose right? Do nothing and fall short this year...go for broke and have no chance next year or the year after that...lol

I loved Oubre at KU (and I freekin hate KU lol) and was thrilled with the draft pick...but then getting backed into a corner with Porter pretty much killed any chance of signing Oubre to a long term deal unless he sucks this year...which he clearly doesn't. What can you do?

This current crew is 2 steps above the arenas/butler/jamison crew but still not championship caliber. Timing and luck has as much to do with success in the NBA as dollars and chess moves. I just don't know how you can compete with the rockets or warriors unless you are loaded to the gills going in. But being loaded to the gills means things fall apart when the season is over. There is no easy path in the NBA. EVER. lol

The wizards streak is mostly fools gold. Gotta have stars in the playoffs for when shots aren’t falling and defenses tighten up. They’re good enough to get away with this for now but if beal goes down this team is in a bind.  And I agree i would trade otto before oubre but only because I’d rather see the 100 mil spent on the front court. The other option is to trade oubre for a young pf or center on a rookie contract.

Also...we need a snowstorm.

43 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

@H2O

It harks back to a lot of reporting that there is team dissension over the poor play and of course Wall gets the blame.  So thats where I think people need to put the whoa brakes on anything saying Wall is the problem.  Agree that Gortat and Morris haven't done squat.  Morris wants to play outside more than in and be a stretch 4.  They just need to move around more and with Wall out they've done that.  Satoransky has done well.  The turnovers are down which helps no matter who is pg 

1 hour ago, yoda said:

It's no doubt a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. Do nothing and you don't win a championship and it will be very challenging even getting to a championship. Make a trade and go for it at the expense of the team's future. Personally, I hope they do nothing because mid season trades rarely take teams to the next level. 

I wouldn't be devastated if the Wizards lose Wall though. He's an all star guard but he's not a very good shooter. His game is built on 100% speed...and hitting the floor 50 times a night. lol. I don't think his body will survive his playing style. 

2 minutes ago, MAcrybaby said:

What? I am trying to read the main discussions and I cant when "mappy" and "Ji" are bickering at each other every day.

You should be able to hover over my s/n in the left window and "ignore user" pops up.

If not, then I guess being a helpful mod in high traffic events really doesn't allow for you to ignore me, at which case. sorry! I'll do better cause its bothering you. Hope you figured out how to ignore ji!

• H2O unpinned this topic

Archived