• Member Statistics

    15,757
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
BullCityWx

1/16-1/17 Event OBS

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Yes It is!! How much you got? 

Over 5 and half. Picked up an inch over the past hour. Got a good shot to make a run at 8 or better. Well see. Think if it snows till 6pm shouldn't have a problem. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Can you post a map of HRR ? I actually have flurries at the moment , and sky is darker

The cloud deck does seem to have grown over the Upstate region the past few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

06:30 AM - 1.5 inches

07:30 AM - 2.0 inches, 0.5 new

08:30 AM - 2.5 inches, 0.5 new

10:00 AM - 3 inches, 0.5 new, cleared board

11:00 AM - 3.5 inches, 0.5 new

12:00 PM - 4.5 inches, 1.0 new

01:00 PM - 5.0 inches, 0.5 new

The main radar returns have just about passed me by, but there appear to be new returns building to the west...

Nice! clt wasted alot of  moisture on rain this morning due to temps. North and west of clt again proving climo. I thought this was the storm I was going to get more than you wow, and queencity. Nope!

Mooresville here I come! :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, calculus1 said:

06:30 AM - 1.5 inches

07:30 AM - 2.0 inches, 0.5 new

08:30 AM - 2.5 inches, 0.5 new

10:00 AM - 3 inches, 0.5 new, cleared board

11:00 AM - 3.5 inches, 0.5 new

12:00 PM - 4.5 inches, 1.0 new

01:00 PM - 5.0 inches, 0.5 new

The main radar returns have just about passed me by, but there appear to be new returns building to the west...

Awesome. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6” 10 miles west of Oxford as of 1pm, measured 4” at the same spot around 11, going to setup shop ivo for the afternoon, Jebwalk upcoming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just eyeballing it I would say maybe 1 1/2” in North Central Wake County but it’s been snowing for four hours so not the best rates.  According to our oldest daughter we apparently have 9” so maybe I should just go with that. It certainly sounds better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tramadoc said:
2 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:
6” 10 miles west of Oxford as of 1pm, measured 4” at the same spot around 11, going to setup shop ivo for the afternoon, Jebwalk upcoming.

WTH is a jebwalk?

What everyone should do today. Just go for a quit walk in the snow and soak it all in. Woods work best

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NCSNOW said:

What everyone should do today. Just go for a quit walk in the snow and soak it all in. Woods work best

+1.  Walked up on 4 does earlier, can't beat a snowy woods scene this time of year.  Especially with this snow, every limb and tree trunk is pasted with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, tramadoc said:
9 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:
What everyone should do today. Just go for a quit walk in the snow and soak it all in. Woods work best

Why jebwalk? Never heard that term before.

Named after a poster from the MA subforum.

6" here in N High Point. Still coming down nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tramadoc said:
9 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:
What everyone should do today. Just go for a quit walk in the snow and soak it all in. Woods work best

Why jebwalk? Never heard that term before.

Why don’t you Google it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.