Newest Member
    joxey
Nearing the 2nd half of Meteorological winter:

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I'm sitting at about half my season average so it's time to start snowing if this season wants good grades on it's WNE report card. 

Agreed.  The strong start to winter was nice regardless.  It looks like we'll get some activity in the next couple weeks.  Whether it's nickels or dollars is uncertain.  But a few inches is certainly likely over the next week.

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hopefully we can avoid rain Thursday and just start as snow Thursday night

Here in the interior we will likely start as snow, perhaps a couple inches.

5 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro ensemble really backing off the cold over the last few runs. Stout ridge off the coast and not as robust of a ridge out west. Looks active but that’s not really cold verbatim. We’ll see if it changes. 

The teleconnections definitely took a step in the wrong direction overnight on CPC.

PNA not going as positive

AO not going as negative, and some members going slightly positive.

MJO. Stuck in phase 7.

I hope this is a blip. 

5 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

The teleconnections definitely took a step in the wrong direction overnight on CPC.

PNA not going as positive

AO not going as negative, and some members going slightly positive.

MJO. Stuck in phase 7.

I hope this is a blip. 

GEFS too cold, EPS too warm. Blend.

Even if these events coming up aren't big, it does look pretty active...we have several in the pipeline. The one after the superbowl could be a bit bigger...we'll have to wait and see...obviously way too far out to talk specifics...but the general pattern would support a bit more amplification out of the southern U.S. So maybe the several days after the SB is a time to watch. Some guidance is trying to blow up the wave immediately after that Monday, but that may be a bit aggressive, Kind of a tight window there, but not impossible.

Archived