joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

In the trashcan.

C'mon now... its not that bad ;).  You are blending in two extremes...the ARW which are amp crazy and the NMM camp which are always so suppressed. 

I mean, look at this consistency from the latest run.

You have the ARW runs bringing 1"+ QPF as far west as BTV and the one on the left even has 1.5" QPF in Syracuse.  Then the NMM runs bring it back to earth.

Just blend these two camps and you have the SREFS!

83nYzNB.png

4 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Kidding aside...if they are west again that must mean the NMB members are starting to come on board because almost every ARW member was amped up. 

Removing ARW members, the mean QPF of NMB members still increased.

0.52" to 0.64" for PSM.

0.68" to 0.85" for BOS.

0.45" to 0.62" for PWM.

13 minutes ago, klw said:

One factor to remember with this and all other storms this season is that this is my winter and everyone else is just living in it.  All the snow stolen over the past decade is being returned, all the whiffs and underperformers of yore are all being whiped clean.  It is my season and all of the snow shall be mine.  All the clippers over perform, the coastals give me a deform band, te cold is unrelenting, the cutters slide trend south, and the pack grows evermore!

I am only half joking.

hqdefault.jpg

Question:  why is no one talking about the Swiss model any more?

Welcome to the forum!

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

C'mon now... its not that bad ;).  You are blending in two extremes...the ARW which are amp crazy and the NMM camp which are always so suppressed. 

I mean, look at this consistency from the latest run.

You have the ARW runs bringing 1"+ QPF as far west as BTV and the one on the left even has 1.5" QPF in Syracuse.  Then the NMM runs bring it back to earth.

Just blend these two camps and you have the SREFS!

83nYzNB.png

Western weenies are going to need to start seeing some bigger movement. Having the CMC, RPM, and SREFs on your team is like trying to win the super bowl with the Browns.

39 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This is a High intensity cyclone

Not down there

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Honestly don't remember that storm... but yeah ocean storms can have incredible imagery.  Like I said, regardless of track it will look like a beaut.

Messenger and I were the only ones that hadn't given up tracking it. Him because of his location and me because I'm a weenie.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Western weenies are going to need to start seeing some bigger movement. Having the CMC, RPM, and SREFs on your team is like trying to win the super bowl with the Browns.

Oh this was over a long time ago, IMO.  Most knew the western half of New England was a long shot for good advisory and warning snows...the Eastern sections are always weary of it, just like western sections are weary of the eastern tracks.  But this has had eastern New England written on it for days.  I've been on the BOS train with this storm for a while.

Archived