Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 4-6 Coastal Bomb

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Meh...stop worrying about the NAM’s mslp placement. I thought it looked like more of a phase than previous runs and I think extrapolated this would whack us back with decent snow. 

Is that chestnut chicken sh*t in the snow in your avatar?

13 minutes ago, CTWeatherFreak said:

Here it is.. The third piece is literally touching hands with the two phased pieces, and yet it kicks instead of phases.. WTF.

namconus_z500_vort_us_49.png

The kicker was mentioned and is the last piece to be sampled, So that will come into play with the outcome.

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I Have not heard much talk of a kicker

Talk about jumping thru hoops 

The kicker....?Jesus

Is there a way to phase that in should  that decide to dig

Yes there is a way to phase that kicker in, in fact the models had that idea in their solutions just the other day.  One thing I want to mention is that the trough axis has actually moved further west over the last two days, not by much, but a little at a time and that means a more westward track is happening here,  I would go with the track being about 25-50 miles east of the benchmark now.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

I’m convinced that we need to invest some money into the American models because there terrible.

The model sensitivity did not flag the PNA ridge, so why is the kicker so important?

Unless you are speaking of a system following immediately on the heels of the system in question.....been away most of the day, and getting reoriented. 

Archived