Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Holidays 2017-18 Mid-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

44 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I know this means nothing...and it's the NAM @ hr84...but I'm not going to lie...I take just a tiny bit of comfort seeing the pac shortwave (that's basically absent on the GFS) @ hr84 entering the pac NW. LOL

namconus_z500_vort_nwus_53.png

So that's the one element that the GFS is not seeing? So essentially...either the other models are all hallucinating, or the GFS is blind? Lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I know this means nothing...and it's the NAM @ hr84...but I'm not going to lie...I take just a tiny bit of comfort seeing the pac shortwave (that's basically absent on the GFS) @ hr84 entering the pac NW. LOL

namconus_z500_vort_nwus_53.png

That vort is there at 75...into southern Washington...

ETA 0Z gfs

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So that's the one element that the GFS is not seeing? So essentially...either the other models are all hallucinating, or the GFS is blind? Lol

Not exactly but a piece of it. The height pattern downstream from the shortwave isn't good either. Flat and sheared. No room for anything to amplify in general. Hopefully that changes shortly. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

CMC just missed a really big solution. Gfs a bit flat at h5 but nice to see the shortwave back in business. 

Even with a barely recognizable shortwave trough on the GFS at 120 there is still a sizable amount of precipitation. It's not super heavy on this run but that tells me that this could easily trend much more amped at still 5+ days out. 

2 minutes ago, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

To get a decent storm in this, we'll need to turn something on along the gulf between then and the storm

gfs_namer_089_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif

The storm doesn’t get going at this point for a good 20 hrs after this depiction. Maybe less posting and seeing how some of the vets examine these runs, aka bob chill, huff, yoda, Ralph wiggum etc.. 

1 minute ago, WhiteoutWX said:

Even with a barely recognizable shortwave trough on the GFS at 120 there is still a sizable amount of precipitation. It's not super heavy on this run but that tells me that this could easily trend much more amped at still 5+ days out. 

Now we finally have agreeent on the shortwave after the gfs taking a hiatus. Not worried about the crappy flat solution unless everything trends that way. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived