joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s always about the mid levels.  I’ve seen east winds initially in a system have no effect-12/28/93 is a good example.

If you don't have east winds frying the BL for hours leading in, then you can still get a good dump with mid levels west.

Yes, dynamics can offset.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Well, it had ZR with those 50's.  I'm not sure how much ZR the EC was serving up.  I know the GFS and NAM were much less generous in that regard.

The point is it was too far nw with surface low and it’s been a noted bias with it this year. Most here still are using the Euro for this though there’s oneor two who have called for all rain and GFS . Lines are drawn 

35 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's been cp ftw many times over the past 5 years.  

Ask wxmanmitch in the Berkshires or Eduggs  and the Albany folks  or for that matter, Runnawayicebrrg in W Ct.

how can he even ask that.....I am only at slightly below to perhaps average snowfall here in spfd since winter 04-05 

i know it has been worse n/w

and again and again and again it isn't just the big events...so many small and mid size too...I still cannot get over how well they have often fared

2 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

my morning posts being worried about this event may not be far off from having merit......the only thing keeping me from being unhinged is being used to so much winter wx heartbreak over the past 10-15 years

after awhile one just goes numb...at least there are other opportunities down the road

Yes. Definitely opportunities. 

Archived