Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That was the smallest shift I’ve ever seen. Too me, it almost looked like the primary held on longer and the transfer happened a bit later

Agreed. And yea the primary now makes it all the way into northern NYS. I don’t like this trend at all for SNE. It’s not just the warming, but the longer it holds on the less dynamic the backside will be before it kicks east.

12 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Agreed. And yea the primary now makes it all the way into northern NYS. I don’t like this trend at all for SNE. It’s not just the warming, but the longer it holds on the less dynamic the backside will be before it kicks east.

We still have time to trend that even stronger too. The area that is on the fence I think is ORH interior north shore down to Central Conn. Any stronger or later with that transfer and it’s weak sauce for even those areas 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

We still have time to trend that even stronger too. The area that is on the fence I think is ORH interior north shore down to Central Conn. Any stronger or later with that transfer and it’s weak sauce for even those areas 

It could also trend back some.  That’s arguably more common in the late innings.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Agreed. If the teleconnections were favorable I’d feel good for those areas. But the teleconnections combined with that h500 look, and the fact that we’ve seen other events like this already has me on the warmer/wetter side of guidance right now for SNE.

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The pope makes we wanna hang myself from the chimney with a stocking.

Has he spoken ex cathedra (infallibly) about the snow accumulations tomorrow night and Christmas Day? Has he given you coal for a forecast? I hope he's been kind to Worcester. Never would have thought he'd be a weather freak like so many of us.

First and last call:

CT 0-6 on a SE-NW gradient.  Perhaps around 3" on a Waterbury to Tolland axis with a pretty aggressive trend to higher as you head NW further into NW Hartford/Litchfield Counties.

Wide-spread 4-6" outside of 495 and south of the Pike.

6-9" in a line from western Hampshire to ORH and points NW.

29.4*, zr

14 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

First and last call:

CT 0-6 on a SE-NW gradient.  Perhaps around 3" on a Waterbury to Tolland axis with a pretty aggressive trend to higher as you head NW further into NW Hartford/Litchfield Counties.

Wide-spread 4-6" outside of 495 and south of the Pike.

6-9" in a line from western Hampshire to ORH and points NW.

29.4*, zr

Take em east and south AMOUT

Archived