Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sneaky little clipper for SE SNE

Ginx snewx

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

NAM is warning level in SNJ, when was the last snow that went from flurries to advisory level here inside 24

Do you recall that storm in mid 90’s? Either 93-94 winter or more likely it was 95-96. I distinctly recall forecast was flurries the day before and we had sonething like 8-12 in New Britain 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do you recall that storm in mid 90’s? Either 93-94 winter or more likely it was 95-96. I distinctly recall forecast was flurries the day before and we had sonething like 8-12 in New Britain 

Maybe March 2, 1996?

That was forecast to be pretty lame...at home, it was like a 1-3" forecast, but mabe in CT was just flurries in forecast. I don't remember a massive bust in '93-'94 though.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Maybe March 2, 1996?

That was forecast to be pretty lame...at home, it was like a 1-3" forecast, but mabe in CT was just flurries in forecast. I don't remember a massive bust in '93-'94 though.

That was probably it because there was a lot of snow already OTG at school , and it was definitely well into the winter 

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That was probably it because there was a lot of snow already OTG at school , and it was definitely well into the winter 

wasn't there a surprise one in like 2000 or 2001 in January? IIRC it was forecasted OTS and came up closer to the coast. Something like http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2000/25-Jan-00.html this one?

5 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Reggie about dead nuts here 18z-00z wrt QPF

Yeah it's almost more tilted than 18z...NW CT has slightly less in Litchfield county while up near BOS has a little more, while many in between saw no change. Would've liked a bit of a bigger jump, but the storm itself was def more organized than 18z.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's almost more tilted than 18z...NW CT has slightly less in Litchfield county while up near BOS has a little more, while many in between saw no change. Would've liked a bit of a bigger jump, but the storm itself was def more organized than 18z.

It was, A bit more qpf on the cape because of the tilt.

Archived