joxey
Sneaky little clipper for SE SNE

Ginx snewx

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Upstream radar looks like dogsh’t.

Ryan addressed this aspect last night in his broadcast on TV(I know you live in Boston and don't get to see him), said it will look like nothing all day today, until at which point when it hits the ocean/coast, it will blossom/pop and that's when we will supposedly see some light snow.   That's the theory anyway....maybe it doesn't work out that way and it's a nonstarter??  

3 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Lulz.....I mean I would not want to live on LI or along the shore anywhere or even anywhere in RI or SE MA as a snow lover.....

yeah it really sucks except for the one in decade big event lol.

Not too good in other departments either (pesticides in the drinking water, light pollution galore- but that's another story lol.)

Looks like the NW trend has gone as far as it will go on this one...too bad we couldn't get another push, but that is kind of typical. Should be enough for the south coast again and SE MA...but looks like the rest of us will prob just get a coating or flurries. Maybe we'll get a little band pushing north before it exits...RGEM tries to do that.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like the NW trend has gone as far as it will go on this one...too bad we couldn't get another push, but that is kind of typical. Should be enough for the south coast again and SE MA...but looks like the rest of us will prob just get a coating or flurries. Maybe we'll get a little band pushing north before it exits...RGEM tries to do that.

Yea, sucks, but not unexpected.

42 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

He also said "anywhere in RI" too...the northwest third of the state is probably better for snow in every aspect than his current location.

I mean fine NW RI isn’t bad I guess....didn’t want to get into the whole “where is it the best for snow in NE” thing....all I was saying is there are places I would not want to be...mostly along the shore and that SE area.....West Hartford - for its location in the dreaded CTRV - has held its own many times.....sometimes I think that CTRV thing is overplayed.....elevation wise I have to defer to  you in WOR or DIT.....definitely on the wrong side there here in WH....

1 minute ago, Snugharbor said:

Hi guys. Was hoping to get some advice. I'm in in southern RI and have to get to a wake in Putnam at 4. Way up looks fine. If I leave there around 5 am I looking at a disastrous ride back? Or mostly more issues from traffic than actual snow? 

5am? You should be fine by 5am tomorrow morning.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

5am? You should be fine by 5am tomorrow morning.

Sorry meant 5pm today. 

The latest nws release indicates moderate snow along coast from 7-10 tonight which I'd be OK with as I'd be driving home from CT around 5-5:30 and should be back before it becomes "moderate" 

1 minute ago, Snugharbor said:

Sorry meant 5pm today. 

The latest nws release indicates moderate snow along coast from 7-10 tonight which I'd be OK with as I'd be driving home from CT around 5-5:30 and should be back before it becomes "moderate" 

5pm is cutting it a little close, but I would agree that the best snow in S RI will be more toward 7-9pm.

Archived