Total Members
    Most Online
    queenofscience
    Newest Member
    queenofscience
showmethesnow

Dec 8/9 Obs and discussion (Showme's) Storm

9 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Hovering around 32 here. Noticeable breeze now coming from out of the NE vs calm winds just an hour ago. Am now seeing the occasional snowflake as well.

So precip is starting to get down to the surface in south central PA. I figured it might soon as the virga echos seemed to be getting stronger.

16 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Yeah. Just took a look at things over the area. That area to your southeast looks prime for some of the better stuff in the area. Might not see that 2-4" west of the Bay. Probably more like 1-3" with the timing of everything just now getting going. Best forcing looks to reside on the opposite shore for now, and have a hunch it might stay around there. Tough break, but that's how it goes around here sometimes. Could get better, but I'm thinking the low side of forecasts will verify better over my way. At least it's snowing. That's all I care about at this point. I have to sleep during the day anyways for my last overnight which happens to be a 12 hour shift. Those suckers are murder.

Appreciate those two synopses!

3 minutes ago, Voyager said:

So precip is starting to get down to the surface in south central PA. I figured it might soon as the virga echos seemed to be getting stronger.

Are you not presently in Tamaqua?

Just now, Blizz said:

Are you not presently in Tamaqua?

Yes, I'm still in Tamaqua. At least for another 20 hours. Tomorrow I fly to Phoenix to visit with my mom.

• Like 1

Just now, Voyager said:

Yes, I'm still in Tamaqua. At least for another 20 hours. Tomorrow I fly to Phoenix to visit with my mom.

Oh okay, still nothing here! Safe travels

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Yeah, it has picked up quick nicely now as well. Instead of a flake every 5 seconds I am now seeing 3 or 4. :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

Yeah, it has picked up quick nicely now as well. Instead of a flake every 5 seconds I am now seeing 3 or 4. :lol:

Nothin falling here but it's plenty cold enough 30/26 ..just need 1 thing ............ moisture:lol:. Unfortunately Hrrr looks ugly up here ...1 more 20 mile shift and it's zippo....being on the nw edge there's  always that fear but yesterday's runs were very comforting.  I hope we all can salvage something . Tuesday and Friday systems actually  might put down more accumulation here then today ..lol

2 minutes ago, snjókoma said:

Nothing remotely moderate or heavy on the radar right now... looks like an expanding region of light flurries.

Right. And the heavier precip gets in by or around noon.

I missed one hell of a pity party in here. Those at the party, do yourselves a favor and delete your posts because you will look pretty silly shortly imho.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I missed one hell of a pity party in here. Those at the party, do yourselves a favor and delete your posts because you will look pretty silly shortly imho.

Be careful, they might end up being right, lol.

Radar looked like it was in full bloom over here a little while ago, but again, everything just collapsed and all the good stuff is shunted SE. I think I might have to officially lower my expectations to light snow at times, maybe an inch.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nothin falling here but it's plenty cold enough 30/26 ..just need 1 thing ............ moisture:lol:. Unfortunately Hrrr looks ugly up here ...1 more 20 mile shift and it's zippo....being on the nw edge there's  always that fear but yesterday's runs were very comforting.  I hope we all can salvage something . Tuesday and Friday systems actually  might put down more accumulation here then today ..lol

Must be channeling PSU because I never felt comfortable with my location for seeing snow even with yesterdays models showing otherwise. Overnight runs sort of confirmed that uneasy feeling. That said I would be surprised if I don't eek out at least an inch. Think those to the south into the cities will be fine, seeing at the least an inch or 2 inches if not more especially just N and W. 

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Happens every time. You can try to calm their fears but once mass panic sets in it is a lost cause.

7 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I sure hope so but I feel I'm safe for now lol. Pretty mild out, temp 37. Few slush flakes starting to fall. Oh well.. if I get an inch it will beat last winter. Congrats lower eastern shore. Looks like you guys had a beautiful night.