Newest Member
    joxey
December Model Discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Anyway,  at least the Ukie leaves Bermuda alone this time. 

GZ_D5_PN_120_0000 (3).gif

GZ_D5_PN_144_0000 (2).gif

This is one I still have a good feeling about. Lots of pieces on the board that can really create something nice if they come together. And as we’re seeing with the different outcomes, there’s multiple ways we can get a significant snow event with the potential for a major event. 

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

00z GFS is very close to HECS IF the phase occurs (but there's no phase). Clearly, NWP indicating high potential for something very significant the next 10 days.

Think we are trending towards a phase?  I wonder how much Cape Cod is going to get with this system lol.

This threat looks nothing like it did the other day. As we stand now, it looks super unfavorable for anything other a period of snow over the weekend.  

Wave 2 is prob dead too if the TPV parks it's over NNE as it will likely shred anything that attempts to come up this way. 

13 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's an awful model run, it would be devastating if we didn't get any snow from this pattern because we will warm after wards, and if it ends up like 10/11 then winter will end early.

Have fun defending this one weenies.

Winter is not ending on January 11th sorry to break it to you. Yes winter looks to peak this week but it's not ending in two weeks use some common sense dude

11 minutes ago, Rjay said:

This threat looks nothing like it did the other day. As we stand now, it looks super unfavorable for anything other a period of snow over the weekend.  

Wave 2 is prob dead too if the TPV parks it's over NNE as it will likely shred anything that attempts to come up this way. 

I just hope we get some snow out of it, even if it isn't a significant system. I see the 12z GGEM does bring in a decent batch of snow from the west for saturday and gives the area a couple inches of snow. With the super cold weather in place, I think that would make people happy since the snow would stay on the ground. I don't know if GFS is off with this light snow event it has been showing for friday. The saturday threat looks better to me.

5 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Winter is not ending on January 11th sorry to break it to you. Yes winter looks to peak this week but it's not ending in two weeks use some common sense dude

I said if it goes that route, not that it will. GGEM only has a clipper during the next 10 days and completely whiffs on wave 1 & 2. 

Euro/EPS have stayed away from this the last 2-3 days. 

Archived