joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Model Discussion

UlsterCountySnowZ

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Not sure if it breaks down completely

The epo keeps reloading on the models.

If you buy into what DT and a few others are saying about the La Niña with -QBOs it may never break aside from a 10-14 day thaw somewhere later next month.  I’m not sure if the La Niña forcing is enough with us only avergarig somewhere around -0.7 to see a 10–11 type reversal 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

Euro and GFS now sort of hint that best “snows” if you want to call them that may be to our south.  Wouldn’t surprise me at all TBH as I’ve been giving people between ACY and TTN a heads up about possible accumulating snow 

Eps has also shifted west with the low offshore. Still little time to nail this down .

1 hour ago, donsutherland1 said:

My thinking is that it will be a 1-2 week relaxation. I am impressed that the recent runs of the EPS have tended to preserve the EPO- to some extent.

When you say relaxation, do you think that means a relaxation from the current VERY cold pattern, or a more traditional January thaw with balmy temps and sun? 

42 minutes ago, LurkerBoy said:

When you say relaxation, do you think that means a relaxation from the current VERY cold pattern, or a more traditional January thaw with balmy temps and sun? 

Less cold, less snowy than the period ending during the first 7-10 days in January. A more traditional thaw remains on the table, so to speak. However, such a relaxation will likely last 1-2 weeks. It should not be a long-enduring pattern change. The current La Niña event is weaker than some of those that saw the longer pattern change. Further, the trade winds have slackened for some time and that could be an early indication that the current La Niña event is either near its peak or has peaked. More data will be required before one can reach a better conclusion about whether or not the current La Niña has peaked.

Archived