joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2017 Observations, reports

Avdave

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another surprise, there was a decent flurry about half an hour ago. Even left a dusting on the flat roof of my building (yes I went up there) 

So far it snowed three times this December. Saturday, last night, and tonight. Can't say I'm disappointed even though it failed to accumulate on all three occasions. 

36/20 currently. Blustery.

12 hours ago, SteveVa said:

Another surprise, there was a decent flurry about half an hour ago. Even left a dusting on the flat roof of my building (yes I went up there) 

So far it snowed three times this December. Saturday, last night, and tonight. Can't say I'm disappointed even though it failed to accumulate on all three occasions. 

36/20 currently. Blustery.

I lived in Virginia Beach from 73-96 and don't ever remember it snowing 3 times in December much less 3 times in 1 year except during the winter of 79-80.

46 minutes ago, yotaman said:

I lived in Virginia Beach from 73-96 and don't ever remember it snowing 3 times in December much less 3 times in 1 year except during the winter of 79-80.

I only moved down here in 2015 so I don't have much to go on. Seems like almost everyone else on this subforum has to luck out in order for VB to get snow since we only really do well with coastals. I'm still in awe that the winter of 1979/1980 actually happened. Official total in Norfolk (airport) was 42" for the winter. Crazy, I can't imagine anything similar happening again. 

Currently sunny, 54. Pleasant day.

I drove up to Hendersonville, NC yesterday (to test drive a used car) - it's less than 45 min from my house in Greenville, SC - at about 1500 feet (about 2 miles south of the SC/NC line), I began to see snow in shaded areas - at > 2000 feet, starting in Flat Rock, massive amounts of snow remaining - parts of Hendersonville were a winter wonderland - amazing!

4 hours ago, Solak said:

Thanks, GA and SC :gun_bandana:

An area of convection is projected to cross Georgia this morning,
and South Carolina this afternoon. This area of convection may
disrupt the low level moisture transport into central NC, leading to
lower rainfall amounts than earlier anticipated.

I'm sorry, I intercepted that rain! 2" and counting

12 hours ago, Solak said:

Thanks, CENTRAL  GA and SC :gun_bandana:

An area of convection is projected to cross Georgia this morning,
and South Carolina this afternoon. This area of convection may
disrupt the low level moisture transport into central NC, leading to
lower rainfall amounts than earlier anticipated.

FYP  :P    They took all the rain and only left mby with sprinkles  :(  

9 hours ago, Lookout said:

wow....getting wiped out with this line of heavy showers...20 to 30mph gusts and near whiteout conditions due to heavy rain. didn't expect that. 

It got slightly darker and fighter jets were in the area around mby  :lol: #manmadethunderftw    #norainonceagain  

77 Yesterday....74 today  :D 

Archived