• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Winter 2017-18 banter thread

WeatherFeen2000

Looks like Paris was the big rare snowfall winner today. Wonder how many times NYC and Paris had measurable snow on the same day?

5 hours ago ... As much as six inches of snow fell on Paris late Tuesday, coating Montmartre, Notre Dame and the Eiffel Tower in a pristine layer of white. It was the largestsnow accumulation in the French capital since 1987, according to Meteo France, and it brought the city to a halt Wednesday morning, the news ...

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erie PA is the big snowfall winner for the 17-18 winter. 

Snowfall and ice accumulations as of 8 pm Wednesday evening. Today's snow brought the seasonal total at Erie PA (as of 5 pm this evening) to 152.1." This makes 2017-2018 the snowiest season on record at Erie (previous record 149.1" in 2000-2001), pic.twitter.com/Qf61BTM22G

On 2/6/2018 at 9:36 AM, Rjay said:

Yes.  Me being a liberal doesn't make a difference during a sporting event.

Anyone but the Pats....The Eagles dont bother me much because they never won before.

Plus the Pats are far too smug and were handed their last two which they never should have won so they deserved to lose.

Tampa has been in the low 80's, when 72 is the norm now.    That is probably a record or a tie since they never move up or down much from norms anyway.

For us 60 degrees looks doable during Sunday drenching.

Meanwhile JB holds out for a cold finish to the month and most of March too....using '58  2013 analogs now.....not long before he walks the plank.    SDiM has caved completely.  

3 hours ago, CIK62 said:

Tampa has been in the low 80's, when 72 is the norm now.    That is probably a record or a tie since they never move up or down much from norms anyway.

For us 60 degrees looks doable during Sunday drenching.

Meanwhile JB holds out for a cold finish to the month and most of March too....using '58  2013 analogs now.....not long before he walks the plank.    SDiM has caved completely.  

yeah not sure we see anything really cold out of this and it's possible we just torch the rest of the way if the blocking ends up on the wrong side...

16 hours ago, White Gorilla said:

Not 

Its funny how everyone now prepares for the Pats' cheating before the superbowl.  The Eagles talked about how they were ready for what they do.

I dont care if the Eagles win the next ten superbowls as long as the Patsies never win again.

1 hour ago, Paragon said:

April 2002 type heatwave would be amazing too :)

The year with no winter that went right into summer. I think I set a winter record for bicycle mileage on the LB boardwalk. Wall to wall mild temperatures and very little precipitation. Probably the closest we ever got to a San Diego winter here.;)

4 minutes ago, bluewave said:

The year with no winter that went right into summer. I think I set a winter record for bicycle mileage on the LB boardwalk. Wall to wall mild temperatures and very little precipitation. Probably the closest we ever got to a San Diego winter here.;)

That's the last time I remember my grass went yellow lol.  It didn't even do that in 2009-10 lol.

That was  a nice lead in to a big el nino winter for us :) I like how we had a hot dry summer leading to a cold snowy winter.

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

That's the last time I remember my grass went yellow lol.  It didn't even do that in 2009-10 lol.

That was  a nice lead in to a big el nino winter for us :) I like how we had a hot dry summer leading to a cold snowy winter.

Yeah, that was near the beginning for us of the 500 mb ridges getting stuck in place for long periods of time.

1 minute ago, bluewave said:

Yeah, that was near the beginning for us of the 500 mb ridges getting stuck in place for long periods of time.

Yep, it's either in the Atlantic or the Pacific, but either way we're now in a climate pattern of long periods of blocking.

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

We did go through a stretch from mid april through May that was colder than average before the heat returned for summer, but that April heatwave was brutal. No AC's in yet and mid 90s. Did get a nice storm to break the heatwave though

5 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

We did go through a stretch from mid april through May that was colder than average before the heat returned for summer, but that April heatwave was brutal. No AC's in yet and mid 90s. Did get a nice storm to break the heatwave though

I was glad when that drought finally ended.

20 hours ago, bluewave said:

Hopefully it will be the closest we get to one in the future as well. Unfortunately I think that will be a false hope :( 

18 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Hopefully it will be the closest we get to one in the future as well. Unfortunately I think that will be a false hope :( 

Winter warmth has been no stranger to us since then. But only 01-02, 06-07, 07-08, and 11-12 failed to produce in the snowfall department for the coast.

• Rjay locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Archived