Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday's Screaming Southeaster

CT Rain

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, dryslot said:

I've noticed over the years that bust has real distinct smell to it.

We are in the early stages of it....in which we begin to see divergence among the various defense mechanisms. The usual more primitive suspects are beginning to overcompensate by acting ever more confident and emphatic, and the more intellectual types are beginning to process it.

Just now, dendrite said:

I just wish we could reel in the extremes. The event hasn't even really started yet...no need to spike the ball or debbie down it yet. 

There is many that have some real high expectations and i believe there is going to be some disappointment for some, There is going to be some localized areas that see some siggy wind and other are going to experience something more similar to a system moving north with southerly winds that i wouldn't consider that far out of the ordinary, That's all.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

We've been saying it all along.  Wind damage on leafed out trees in saturated ground doesn't mean 50-70mph winds.

Soubds like power outages in CT from 30kt gusts so far.

Damage will be considerable at 40-45kts.

Absolutely , folks pooh-pooh 40kt winds but for the interior not a common occurence. Now 40kts isn't going to uprooted trees,  but old crap trees hanging over wires? you bet!

There is many that have some real high expectations and i believe there is going to be some disappointment for some, There is going to be some localized areas that see some siggy wind and other are going to experience something more similar to a system moving north with southerly winds that i wouldn't consider that far out of the ordinary, That's all.

Good enough for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We are in the early stages of it....in which we begin to see divergence among the various defense mechanisms. The usual more primitive suspects are beginning to overcompensate by acting ever more confident and emphatic, and the more intellectual types are beginning to process it.

wut?

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

there always is in every storm

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Absolutely , folks pooh-pooh 40kt winds but for the interior not a common occurence. Now 40kts isn't going to uprooted trees,  but old crap trees hanging over wires? you bet!

Yea, bigger deal may end up being the fact that we still have foliage, rather than highly anomalous winds....but 40-50mph is still a rarity imby.

Archived