Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most important thing is that it did shift. This is a huge win, and I expect it will continue westward in the next few runs. With the GFS on board with this type of solution, I think a little more merit will be given, even though the GFS isn't well trusted right now. The general idea of this evolving is the most important thing.

You're joking right? A storm Of this magnitude I am.going to complain

In coastal CT...you learn to take what you can get. That's not to say I'm not going to be bitter if I get 6" and the Cape gets 2 feet...I just said I wouldn't complain whistle.gif

If we're aiming for the stars here...i.e. a true measure-by-the-foot blizzard, we need the Euro to hold. Any sizeable eastward shift and my confidence remains that this is no more than a scraper SECS/MECS.

I don't want it too much further west otherwise there will be mixing only the coast north of Boston right? Or too early to tell?

I doubt it:

1) These types of exotic deepening rates bend the subgeostrophic (low level wind field) quite normal to the isobaric medium (where typically a balance flow would be approximately 20 degrees for subgeostrophy). In this case, the deepening rate exceed the time-integration of Coriolis effect, such that the wind will blow almost directly at the low when it drops 12mb is 4 hours that way. What that means sensibly is that the wind will be NNE, and will also help pull down signicant cold over snow pack in central and N New England.

2) This thing is about as dynamically charged as is physically possible on the Planet Earth. The combination of torque dynamics froma negatively tilting trough with attending 40+ units of vorticity advecting nearly normal (straight across) the geopotential medium, combined with this doing operation turbo suckage off the Gulf and near-by SE U.S. Gulf Stream latent heat sources, is pretty much indescribably amazing here. Lift in the core of this ... may as well be a tornado. Lift drills the heights and thicknesses lower (complicated boring math) and that feeds back into cooling the column.

If that tracks about 100 miles closer people would be shocked at the whiteout blitz going on all the way down to BOS-PVD line, with a mixin between there and the Canal.

I doubt it:

1) These types of exotic deepening rates bend the subgeostrophic (low level wind field) quite normal to the isobaric medium (where typically a balance flow would be approximately 20 degrees for subgeostrophy). In this case, the deepening rate exceed the time-integration of Coriolis effect, such that the wind will blow almost directly at the low when it drops 12mb is 4 hours that way. What that means sensibly is that the wind will be NNE, and will also help pull down signicant cold over snow pack in central and N New England.

2) This thing is about as dynamically charged as is physically possible on the Planet Earth. The combination of torque dynamics froma negatively tilting trough with attending 40+ units of vorticity advecting nearly normal (straight across) the geopotential medium, combined with this doing operation turbo suckage off the Gulf and near-by SE U.S. Gulf Stream latent heat sources, is pretty much indescribably amazing here. Lift in the core of this ... may as well be a tornado. Lift drills the heights and thicknesses lower (complicated boring math) and that feeds back into cooling the column.

If that tracks about 100 miles closer people would be shocked at the whiteout blitz going on all the way down to BOS-PVD line, with a mixin between there and the Canal.

Will there be any office buildings in New england with any windows left?

Looks like the GFS is coming more in line with the euro for you guys. I'm interested to see if the euro shows another nuke hitting the EC. If it does that'd make 4 consecutive runs to show it. You guys will be looking good. And its coming on shore now. I'm rooting for it. GL to you guys. Hope you get destroyed. :)

Archived