Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People should not want giants leaps in their favor. It never works out. Take it step by step. We'll see what the Canadian and Euro do.

Well, That was a pretty big jump west from 06z, If i was sitting here with snow over me i would probably more content, Not to say that this won't happen here but we will need a jump further west here to what it did at 06z thats all i am getting at, And if this system is this wound up it should be further NW i would think.........

I see pain and heartache ahead. I see weenies missing Christmas dinner to see if the Euro Ensembles reverse an out to sea trend, then drunkenly flinging toys at the fire place when the 0Z GFS comes in Christmas night with a VA/NC special.

F*ck it. I'm in. I might be sending the sled we get our son off the roof Griswold-style.

Like sands thru the hourglass.these are the days of our lives

Hey I think we all said we thought the GFS was trash as it has had glaring biases this past two weeks that are impossible to deny. Four days ago it had no snows on the backside of the existing low.

I still think the SE 1/3 of new england from will to you, up through SE NH and SW ME south and east has by far the best chance.

Cautiously optimistic at this point.

I doubt it:

1) These types of exotic deepening rates bend the subgeostrophic (low level wind field) quite normal to the isobaric medium (where typically a balance flow would be approximately 20 degrees for subgeostrophy). In this case, the deepening rate exceed the time-integration of Coriolis effect, such that the wind will blow almost directly at the low when it drops 12mb is 4 hours that way. What that means sensibly is that the wind will be NNE, and will also help pull down signicant cold over snow pack in central and N New England.

2) This thing is about as dynamically charged as is physically possible on the Planet Earth. The combination of torque dynamics froma negatively tilting trough with attending 40+ units of vorticity advecting nearly normal (straight across) the geopotential medium, combined with this doing operation turbo suckage off the Gulf and near-by SE U.S. Gulf Stream latent heat sources, is pretty much indescribably amazing here. Lift in the core of this ... may as well be a tornado. Lift drills the heights and thicknesses lower (complicated boring math) and that feeds back into cooling the column.

If that tracks about 100 miles closer people would be shocked at the whiteout blitz going on all the way down to BOS-PVD line, with a mixin between there and the Canal.

Wow...thanks. The explanation is much appreciated.

I doubt it:

1) These types of exotic deepening rates bend the subgeostrophic (low level wind field) quite normal to the isobaric medium (where typically a balance flow would be approximately 20 degrees for subgeostrophy). In this case, the deepening rate exceed the time-integration of Coriolis effect, such that the wind will blow almost directly at the low when it drops 12mb is 4 hours that way. What that means sensibly is that the wind will be NNE, and will also help pull down signicant cold over snow pack in central and N New England.

2) This thing is about as dynamically charged as is physically possible on the Planet Earth. The combination of torque dynamics froma negatively tilting trough with attending 40+ units of vorticity advecting nearly normal (straight across) the geopotential medium, combined with this doing operation turbo suckage off the Gulf and near-by SE U.S. Gulf Stream latent heat sources, is pretty much indescribably amazing here. Lift in the core of this ... may as well be a tornado. Lift drills the heights and thicknesses lower (complicated boring math) and that feeds back into cooling the column.

If that tracks about 100 miles closer people would be shocked at the whiteout blitz going on all the way down to BOS-PVD line, with a mixin between there and the Canal.

SOme of us want more than a 100 miles, but we're just being greedy.

Archived