joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a source for this? I don't see it mentioned at HPC or any local WFO's. Also, not sure how missing ACARS data from Europe would have any affect on our weather here...

It is an interesting point though......I'm not sure how much the reduction in flights has cut down on the extent of data, but it's something I had never considered. I would assume that would be data that would be ingested in any models.

Guys BTW not saying its effecting one model more than the other.

As a total example if the GFS normally inputs 300 points of data and 30 are missing, that's a bigger deal than the EC losing 1000 out of 45k. I dont know the hard numbers. All I'm saying is it's a potential explanation to some of the challenges.

Pazzo mentioned in the other thread that the flights had resumed...

Why do I have a sinking feeling things just aren't gonna go our way today?

LOL - right.

It's like the 1998 ALCS when they left Pedro on the mound (surviving Grady :) ) with a 5-3 lead in the 7th: The Red Sox were still winning, but you just knew they already lost.

Sometimes it seems there is a creepy kind of separate form of intellect in this ...or any facet where outcomes are to be anticipated, and it transcends mere aplicaiton of logic and reason.

LOL - right.

It's like the 1998 ALCS when they left Pedro on the mound (surviving Grady :) ) with a 5-3 lead in the 7th: The Red Sox were still winning, but you just knew they already lost.

Sometimes it seems there is a creepy kind of separate form of intellect in this ...or any facet where outcomes are to be anticipated, and it transcends mere aplicaiton of logic and reason.

I'm not going to lie...I'm more nervous about this storm than I was yesterday. 0z Euro was just about a perfect solution for coastal & eastern CT and I like the consistency with which its been bringing us a significant hit. But can't ignore the fact that the ensembles are further SE and that the other models trended away from a good hit last night. We really need the Euro to hold steady and other models to begin to trend.

The op run is pretty far SE of the benchmark too. This thing (on the 00z Euro) is so intense and occluded the sfc low stays really far south... never makes it north of ACY.

Obviously some of the pros have data out to 48-72, what's the hold up....

:)

GFS nudged our trough back to the west, nice trend so many of us will get a 1/2 to 4 or so inches.

Yeah, looking good in that regard anyway. Consolation prize if things go to hell this afternoon.

Archived