joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing dynamics to be sure. But the general low moisture / low QPF progs are somewhat disconcerting. Possibly due to the still dominant westerly flow over the west Atlantic, limiting moisture convergence in the storm. Still, I'd think there'd be a decent connection to the Gulf too. Model guidance doesn't underdo QPF too often. Usually the other way around.

And no, not really like 93 at all

I see -6 SD U winds at the coast and even -4 up north

Perhaps part of the DMA still hemming and hawwing and keeping things close to the vest for now. I really think tomorrow's OP and ensemble runs will help a lot. As of right now I think along and south of I90 in NYS and MA could see some snow..maybe moderate to heavy amts from S'rn Berkshire County south thru the Litchfield Hills and beck west to POU and SWF. I just really see 2 BIG cut-offs with this system 1) those who get measurable snow and those who don't. 2nd cut-off will be in the snow "getters" zone with the potential for quite a gradient from light tots to heavy ones.

I really Like the east half of LI thru SE CT and to around BOS for potentially some real heavy amounts and along with a lot of wind. 850 wind anomalies have been hammering ELI and SE New England past several runs with -3 to -3.5 NE-ENE winds so for me confidence is growing for these locales to be in on the party.

AS for Christmas in the Bronx haven't done that in over 15 years. Family and friends will be at my place tomorrow night for the Dago Fish Feast on Christmas Eve.

Thanks. Bummed you're not more optimistic of NW Mass. I'm trying to be. Alas, it is what it is.

Enjoy the company and Merry Christmas!

Perhaps part of the DMA still hemming and hawwing and keeping things close to the vest for now. I really think tomorrow's OP and ensemble runs will help a lot. As of right now I think along and south of I90 in NYS and MA could see some snow..maybe moderate to heavy amts from S'rn Berkshire County south thru the Litchfield Hills and beck west to POU and SWF. I just really see 2 BIG cut-offs with this system 1) those who get measurable snow and those who don't. 2nd cut-off will be in the snow "getters" zone with the potential for quite a gradient from light tots to heavy ones.

I really Like the east half of LI thru SE CT and to around BOS for potentially some real heavy amounts and along with a lot of wind. 850 wind anomalies have been hammering ELI and SE New England past several runs with -3 to -3.5 NE-ENE winds so for me confidence is growing for these locales to be in on the party.

AS for Christmas in the Bronx haven't done that in over 15 years. Family and friends will be at my place tomorrow night for the Dago Fish Feast on Christmas Eve.

Salute!

The 6 Z has -6 at the coast and -4 Berks , NH, what about PWAT?

The key is getting it to occlude at just the right time so it slows just under. That is what the Euro and GFS are hinting at for SNE.

It seems within the realm of possibilities to get a bit of a stall or slowdown given that it has been shown on modeling in recent runs. Not uncommon for some of those kinds of features that disappear, to come back at least to soem extent.

What? 93 snowed down to Georgia

You guys totally missed my point, take the 93 type intensity, developed at max to our coast. But from what I see snow in Georgia looks likely anyway but no not93 anywhere but from DXR to Maine. Huge huge atmospheric hole. 965 and below MB against a 1035 or so HP. My bet is that if this is modeled correct it's not your Daddy's Nor'easter.

Time to move over to a new thread.

Archived