Newest Member
    Toothache
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup just looked at EURO/ GFS/ UKMET

first two smoke us! guess that could have something to do with why the front end loaders were called in. I've got 3 potential locale's to watch this from (should it hit)

W. Framingham Bridgewater, ma or wa wa (although they may not stay open for it)

Dave i was at wa wa last nite.....awesome time.....made it to connifer connection....had a blast after they groomed it.

Yuck.

Still a little surprised the the euro ensembles are that far east. having them look more like the Ukie and Canadian is a little concerning. It did look like there was a lot of spread to the west, however.

That sounds a little bit concerning actually, especially considering it trended more towards the Ukie and Canadian, but I guess as long as it still shows some decent spread to the west it's not anything to really be concerned about at this point. I would like to see the 12z runs back off this.

Yeah I think were going to start and look, my mom just took this one b/c it was the only one we could find at the time and it was readily available and not having our own place for about 8 years we just took what we could get.

This place is falling apart badly anyways and the landlords don't do anything, were not even really allowed to go onto are back or front porch b/c they are literally falling apart, the downstairs neighbors ceilings are cracking and I just noticed the walls in the bathroom are doing the same...the foundation is literally caving in lol.

Move to a place with less spiders and centipedes!

About 0.75" for you, but no doubt you would have great ratios. Looks like good chance for banding out that way too.

thanks. In light of Ryan's comment about staying on topic--perhaps we can continue to be light-hearted here as we ramp up to the 12z runs, we can lock this one down and start a new threat then? Based on yestesrday, I imagine between 12z and 00z today we will probably hit over 75 pages.

thanks. In light of Ryan's comment about staying on topic--perhaps we can continue to be light-hearted here as we ramp up to the 12z runs, we can lock this one down and start a new threat then? Based on yestesrday, I imagine between 12z and 00z today we will probably hit over 75 pages.

That's fine with me. We'll keep this going til 9 or so and then we can move on.

Are the 6z GFS ensembles out yet?

Yeah Coastal just posted it lol-- they're on the previous page. I did the qpf totals and for this area three of the members show over 1" qpf (compared to 2 from the last set of ensembles) and 6 of them show 0.5" qpf or more (compared to 4 from the last set), overall mean has edged up from 0.35 to 0.46. According to the mean ensembles map though, we're over 0.50" qpf, so my numbers must be lowballing it a bit.

seems JB (hype free) so i figured i would post it just whatever to the discussion

from the accuweather page regarding the christmas storm

"Expert Senior Meteorologist Dale Mohler stated that he is noticing some similarities on the charts with this storm and the March 1993 super storm."Every storm is different, but I could see how this storm 'bombs out' somewhere along the East Coast. The question is how far north or east," Mohler stated.AccuWeather.com meteorologists believe that none of the computer models have the exact idea on the storm, and they are basing current forecasts on years of experience in these situations.There are two scenarios for this storm, as the AccuWeather team sees it now.The first is the storm will quickly strengthen, tracking northward along the coast and spreading heavy, accumulating snow through the I-95 mid-Atlantic and New England. Snow could extend back to the Appalachians with this track.The second is the storm will drop accumulating snow on part of Georgia and the Carolinas, but then head out to sea. However, this track could still allow the storm to hook back into New England with heavy, windswept snow."

the only thing that trouble's me is that there has never been a KU when 3.4 enso region is 1C below or more. but up until last week there had never been a AO below 4 with the same 3.4 enso region and we absolutely crushed that. But it should give reason for Pause. Ryan do you have any thoughts on this....and why this may mean the KU solution should be looked at with some skepitism.

I just want to see a giant wall of snow moving s to n or se to nw up the coast sometime sunday and having no problem barreling right into the interior parts of sne..i want to see explosive heavy snow on the front end. So even if progressive there is a big hit.

Really have to go back to the presidents day 2003 to find a storm that produced over a foot of snow across all of interior sne, there have been a couple that have produced widespread ten to twelve with locally higher amts but for widespread it goes back quite awhile so I think we are kind of due.

I would feel a bit more comfortable if the heavy snow was breaking out across the entire mid atl corridor as well, it is interesting that nws out of bgm has a hwo up and as of a few minutes ago mt holly did not. The Jan 05 storm was very very disappointing for some of us in the valley as we got more than half our snow from the clipper like part of the system and just a few more inches when it bombed around the benchmark. The totals in the valley were generally in the nine to twelve inch range and like i said most of it came from the western part of the system. I know to the east of the river was a big crush and insane crush on the cape and islands. I also vividly remember nws accum forecasts in the valley of 20 to 30 inches, 16 to 24 inches in the grids right before and during the storm.

I suppose anything is possible after what happened in the mid atlantic last year too lol.

seems JB (hype free) so i figured i would post it just whatever to the discussion

from the accuweather page regarding the christmas storm

"Expert Senior Meteorologist Dale Mohler stated that he is noticing some similarities on the charts with this storm and the March 1993 super storm."Every storm is different, but I could see how this storm 'bombs out' somewhere along the East Coast. The question is how far north or east," Mohler stated.AccuWeather.com meteorologists believe that none of the computer models have the exact idea on the storm, and they are basing current forecasts on years of experience in these situations.There are two scenarios for this storm, as the AccuWeather team sees it now.The first is the storm will quickly strengthen, tracking northward along the coast and spreading heavy, accumulating snow through the I-95 mid-Atlantic and New England. Snow could extend back to the Appalachians with this track.The second is the storm will drop accumulating snow on part of Georgia and the Carolinas, but then head out to sea. However, this track could still allow the storm to hook back into New England with heavy, windswept snow."

the only thing that trouble's me is that there has never been a KU when 3.4 enso region is 1C below or more. but up until last week there had never been a AO below 4 with the same 3.4 enso region and we absolutely crushed that. But it should give reason for Pause. Ryan do you have any thoughts on this....and why this may mean the KU solution should be looked at with some skepitism.

Probably not true. Only for measurable events of which there are not nearly enough examples to make this scientifically reliable as a predictive agent.

Archived