Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a night time snowstorm for us :( I Would rather see it snowing heavy during the day.

Really? I'm the total opposite, I LOVE watching snowfall at night, makes for a very beautiful sight and everything seems so relaxing and peaceful...the tranquil feeling is very soothing. Then every once in a while you hear a loud rumbling of a plow going by and it adds some extra "noise" to the background. Then having a full moon shinning brightly off the freshly covered snowpack...it's about as close to heaven as you can get to.

I have to say what I'm most impressed about this storm is the central pressure as the thing passes near the Cape. The GFS is a bombing 966 as it approaches SE NE. We saw the Euro at 959mb. That's really really really impressive.

I just did a double-take looking at the latest Euro. Rain for us(surprise :arrowhead: )but the wind is apt to be approaching hurricane force out here. Better think about pulling the boat. The erosion has already been significant. It looks like we lose a few houses with this set-up.

I just did a double-take looking at the latest Euro. Rain for us(surprise :arrowhead: )but the wind is apt to be approaching hurricane force out here. Better think about pulling the boat. The erosion has already been significant. It looks like we lose a few houses with this set-up.

There are very few sub-965mb KUs as they pass SNE.

As we thought

I'm glad the EC has given up on the southern stall that had me worried yesterday. It's more progressive nature is a bit disconcerting as the GFS is a scraper for the western areas (hopefully shifting). But give me the EC as it is currently and I'll be a happy man.

Still looks like some pretty steep qpf gradients.

I've just sifted through the 26 pages of comments/images that were posted since I went to bed. I smiled. I grimaced. But, finally--here's one that gives a nice grin.

Still concerned I'll be on the outside looking in. Appears to me that the correction vector at this point is east, not west. Hopefully will at least get a moderate snow and some wind in GC. The EC has come up north like I had hoped, but I'm bummed it's become so progressive.

Yes, put me in the .5-.75 bracket. The past two runs have each come appreciably west. I'm looking for just a bit more at 0z.

You're definitely a glass half empty kind of guy.

It's always encouraging when ALY hasn't dismisssed things.

THERE IS STILL UNCERTAINTY WITH THIS SYSTEM AS MODEL

GUIDANCE STILL HAS A LOT OF SPREAD...THUS LOW CONFIDENCE REMAINS FOR

A POTENTIAL NOR`EASTER AND ASSOCIATED HEAVY SNOWFALL FOR EARLY NEXT

WEEK...

sounds like BOX's AFD... Uncertainty and low confidence...

When will these guys get this figured out? I mean c'mon its almost 2011 and they still can't get it figured out within 3 days? WOW...:arrowhead:

sounds like BOX's AFD... Uncertainty and low confidence...

When will these guys get this figured out? I mean c'mon its almost 2011 and they still can't get it figured out within 3 days? WOW...:arrowhead:

Yeah, these Meteorologists are just a bunch of dummies. I mean they can't even tell you what's going to happen with a storm that hasn't even started to form. I mean really.

Archived