CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Post Christmas Bomb

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why you should live near the coast. Every storm is way more exciting then the Currier and Ives boring crap the interior gets.

I grew up on the coast and got more 20" storms than Kevin has seen in his lifetime. It didn't last long but I was fine with that.

I love having the snowstorm followed a week by a screaming southeasterly wind whipped rain with downed trees.

LOl, I think things are heading in the right direction for us. Hang in there. Just in case though, check your barn for a nice Chestnut collar tie, it'll hold firm when the rope goes taut.

I'll call it "cautious optimism" at thisp point. The collar tie's right next to the snow blower. I'll reach for one or the other.

I grew up on the coast and got more 20" storms than Kevin has seen in his lifetime. It didn't last long but I was fine with that.

I love having the snowstorm followed a week by a screaming southeasterly wind whipped rain with downed trees.

Most things you write are good, but that definitely put you on the naughty list

Snowpack can get quite annoying in the sense that if it piles up too high you have no place to put the snow. For example, if we were to start getting some decent snowpack here, probably anything over 1' I would have to basically take the snow and throw it the bushes or into the road...my sidewalks have bushes on the side opposite of the road so I can't throw the snow into my yard unless I chuck it over the bushes.

Snowpack can get quite annoying in the sense that if it piles up too high you have no place to put the snow. For example, if we were to start getting some decent snowpack here, probably anything over 1' I would have to basically take the snow and throw it the bushes or into the road...my sidewalks have bushes on the side opposite of the road so I can't throw the snow into my yard unless I chuck it over the bushes.

Paul--in life there are "bad problems" and "good problems".

Never forget that the good problems are the ones we all long for.

Naughty list

You CT freaks need to stop

I just leave it, honestly, I've gotten away with it so far but one day some sucker will fall on my sidewalk, the only thing I clear is the path behind the car and thats it, I just leave everything else.

crossing fingers that my g/f doesn't see more snow than me on sat/sunday then we do (she will be in cary, nc)

2.5 new measured.....took 3 measurements on top of car and averaged them. in w. framingham (6am)

snowing pretty good still but man the band that went thru here around 300 and after was pretty damn impressive and suprised me yesterday afternoon. stll coming down now.

I just leave it, honestly, I've gotten away with it so far but one day some sucker will fall on my sidewalk, the only thing I clear is the path behind the car and thats it, I just leave everything else.

The problem for me is I live on a main drag and my landlord comes an inspects...plus the police do a check as well. If it isn't cleaned to a certain extent then the landlords get ticketed. Two winters ago I guess my brothers and I didn't do a good enough job so our landlords freaked out, called some service, and sent us the bill, was like $50 or something.

That's awesome though you get away with it :lol:

No paradox. If there's the threat of having a really snowy/active 2 weeks then I'd rather the snow stick around.

I like living here where the snow that falls in December stays put and forms the base for the snow that falls for the next 3 months. Skiing at all anytime soon?

Archived