Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2017-2018 Fall/Winter Banter, Whining, Complaining Thread

Powerball

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

12z GFS is now a monster east coast hit. Yay.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Right where I want it at this range tbh. Remember GHD-1 and where models had that one. This cold is going to back off just enough me feels to back that into at least the OHV, not the I-95 crowd pleaser. But let them get their model beating as well, no sense in us having a corner on that..

12 minutes ago, (((Will))) said:

I had ~30 inches of snowcover a week ago. Not sure bout now. I never go south of Houghton so I'm kinda isolated from the rest of the UP up here on 'Copper Island' as they call it.

But yeah, I'm not upset about going down there - I just don't like missing the potential LES storm this Sunday, etc.

You clearly have way more than much of the UP. Your trip south will likely drop off quick.

December 14th snow depth 

Marquette NWS- 8

Sault ste marie- 7

Alpena- 3

Flint- 9

Dtx NWS- 12

Detroit- 9

I've never seen a map like this. I'll take the under Alex. 
3XS8jLm.png&key=555a922b5d993be537a48f922c3d183262ae45798095a0b04224a23695cb7b65
The only synoptic system or series of synoptic systems I can recall dumping that much snow on the northeast was in late February 2010. The Catskill ski areas had something crazy like 80-100" of snow in a week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 12/21/2017 at 10:51 AM, (((Will))) said:

I'm going to Detroit tomorrow and then spending Christmas between Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio with my wife's family.

This sucks.

Get in and then get out. 

That would be my plan.

It's gonna look like dog **** around here.

34 minutes ago, Jonger said:

Get in and then get out. 

That would be my plan.

It's gonna look like dog **** around here.

Lol he is aware of the snowmelt this week. And chances of fresh snow for Christmas are looking better and better for Southeast Michigan and Ohio.  Regardless Christmas is more about family than snow anyway.

3 minutes ago, (((Will))) said:

Surprisingly it snowed literally from the moment I left Calumet till just in between Saginaw/Flint. I'm in White Lake TWP now...no snow here, just a weird mist and 33 degrees. Still some snow on the ground tho.

Hole punch cloud aliens leaving their seed for humans to ingest.

Been lurking for awhile, nothing around here too much to post about the last couple months, but I have to say the next week or two is probably going to ensure a few posts in this thread (and some from those to my north and west as well).  Many cities with a worse snow climo will be seeing a White Christmas, while we're brown and cold :(

Archived