• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    acibarich
    Newest Member
    acibarich
BTRWx

Major Hurricane Maria--imby and beyond pregame

PR staring down the barrel...Those islands to the east of PR really took a beating from Irma.  St Thomas, BVI etc... Maria looking just as symmetrical as Irma did in that general location.  Beautiful but intimidating as hell..

rbtop0.gif.55794c2b714c6cc030427bd644c8dec0.gif

• Like 2

Hate to say it, but I hope the HWRF is right on the track.  The USVI are already screwed, better to have another Cat 5 landfall there than in PR. 

Not holding out on any hope for mid-atlantic impacts.  We don't even have any good weenie runs out there.

46 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

Is Jose really going to do what the models indicate?

hard to say, hasn't happened yet ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Not holding out on any hope for mid-atlantic impacts.  We don't even have any good weenie runs out there.

Right now Maria isn't much of a threat to anyone on the east coast. It's not a good LF pattern with or without Jose in the picture. I'm out. 

I can't believe that first absurd appearing run from like three days ago of Jose hanging around long enough to sling Maria away is now the most likely scenario who would have believed it. And by the GFS no less.

• Like 1

I'll post a comparison image to last night's euro (and maybe the upcoming 12Z euro) to this 12Z gfs run for later frames.  Notice the trough coming east across the conus as Maria tracks just west of Bermuda!  The forward speed of Maria will be significant imo.

5 minutes ago, BTRWx said:

I'll post a comparison image to last night's euro (and maybe the upcoming 12Z euro) to this 12Z gfs run for later frames.  Notice the trough coming east across the conus as Maria tracks just west of Bermuda!  The forward speed of Maria will be significant imo.

0Z ecmwf (trough)

ecmwf_z500aNorm_namer_9.png

12Z gfs (no trough)

gfs_z500aNorm_namer_33.png

10 minutes ago, H2O said:

why is this a thread?  no MA impacts from this trough or no trough

Really.  Weather that's not in the MA isn't really weather.

Since we are a science board and all that. :blink:

6 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Really.  Weather that's not in the MA isn't really weather.

Since we are a science board and all that. :blink:

This or the main main board? ;)

lol @ the last few posts. I love the snark of our subforum.  

3 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

Right now Maria isn't much of a threat to anyone on the east coast. It's not a good LF pattern with or without Jose in the picture. I'm out. 

Agree in part and disagree in part. I do agree that Maria doesn't look like much of a threat to the EC. We have Jose to thank for that. I also agree that it's not a great LF pattern for a deep US impact. That said, If Jose weren't as big a factor I could see an eastern NC and OTS type track. 

At this point I'm only really tracking for the impact down in the Caribbean and a potential close approach well to our south. That's not enough to keep me up at night looking at the euro. 

Would love to get some homebrew going at some point. The clippers of tropical season. 

ETA: I use the term "tracking" loosely here.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Euro dumps some heavy rain starting at hour 160 from Jose backing in 2-3" in spots per wxbell thru 168

Yep...this run is definitely different...Maria is making a close approach too...