Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Blizzard of the Ides, 2017 ...observation time

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Berlin1926 said:

Thank you, Berg.  I lived the weenie spot of the Piedmont, we'll see if I can repeat the magic here.  

Congrats.  I'm in Enfield just west of you.   Are you in the valley part of Somers or up in the hills? I think you meant to say western Tolland county not eastern. There's really a wide range of scenery and topography there in Somers. Farms, horses, and open space in the flatlands on the west side transitioning to hilly and wooded on the eastern side of town. 17 sounds like a good number, maybe we get lucky and do a bit better. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Congrats.  I'm in Enfield just west of you.   Are you in the valley part of Somers or up in the hills? I think you meant to say western Tolland county not eastern. There's really a wide range of scenery and topography there in Somers. Farms, horses, and open space in the flatlands on the west side transitioning to hilly and wooded on the eastern side of town. 17 sounds like a good number, maybe we get lucky and do a bit better. 

Thanks neighbor!  Yep, meant western Tolland.  Just at the foot of Soapstone.  You think we switch to mix or rain?

I love how Kevin is saying Feet Coming for Most when the most populated areas are under 6-12, me being just 30 minutes from him in the 6-12 as well.  After he's had a lucky horseshoe up his Snowhole for years.  Invite me to stay at your Snow House today / tonight Kevin.  

8am - 1"  

9am - 2" 

10am - 4"  

11am - 6"  

12m - 9"  

1pm - 12"  

2pm - 16"  

3pm - 19" Mixing  

4pm - Dryslotted  

20" Total.  4" per hour seen for over an hour.  

If This does not occur I'm done with Winter Weather.  I'm Absolutely Done.  Spend more time and energy and money on it to watch people 45 minutes from me be happier than hell while I go depressed year after year after year after year.  20" or I'm Out.  

3 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

I love how Kevin is saying Feet Coming for Most when the most populated areas are under 6-12, me being just 30 minutes from him in the 6-12 as well.  After he's had a lucky horseshoe up his Snowhole for years.  Invite me to stay at your Snow House today / tonight Kevin.  

8am - 1"  

9am - 2" 

10am - 4"  

11am - 6"  

12m - 9"  

1pm - 12"  

2pm - 16"  

3pm - 19" Mixing  

4pm - Dryslotted  

20" Total.  4" per hour seen for over an hour.  

If This does not occur I'm done with Winter Weather.  I'm Absolutely Done.  Spend more time and energy and money on it to watch people 45 minutes from me be happier than hell while I go depressed year after year after year after year.  20" or I'm Out.  

Take a drive and get a hotel you already came this far

24 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Take a drive and get a hotel you already came this far

You think I'm spending More money and More time and Less sleep?  And be at a hotel?  The point of of being a Snow Nut is how it Snows AT YOUR HOUSE.  How it drifts on the side of your side wall, how it looks on the piles, how you've never seen this much on this, how the compact on the driveway is this, how the trees blow as you've never seen them, on and on.  Any of us can go to the Sierra for a big storm.  That's no fun.  It's about Your house.  20" or Bye.  

Archived