joxey
March 13/14 Storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

How it works around here:

Red tagger: climo in DC suggests that 850mb temperatures will tend to warm as we get closer to an event
Weenie: DC climo says we torch

Red taggger: climo suggests that Boston gets more snow
Weenie: DC climo is mby gets f****d every time. 

Don't forget:

Red tagger: snow maps are overdone in mixy storms as they don't factor in sleet.

Weenie: DGAF!!  maps says pink!!!! It will happen so posting them!!!!

4 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

Hey @Bob Chill I know you don't live too far from me - how are we feeling today?

I'm thinking I pull off two pieces of 2-4" snowbread with a big fat slice of sleetloaf in the middle. I'll go with 6-8" of snow and a good dose of ball bearings. You'll probably beat me by 2-3" of snow but the big pile of sleet is all mine. 

Just now, Bob Chill said:

I'm thinking I pull off two pieces of 2-4" snowbread with a big fat slice of sleetloaf in the middle. I'll go with 6-8" of snow and a good dose of ball bearings. You'll probably beat my by 2-3" of snow but the big pile of sleet is all mine. 

You can have it. I feel like I need to develop the proper appreciation of a good snow before I'm ready for a sleetloaf.

6 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

You can have it. I feel like I need to develop the proper appreciation of a good snow before I'm ready for a sleetloaf.

Oh make no mistake, you will get sleeted one too. If you stand outside without a hat during the height of the sleetiest sleet you can get a pretty good sleet head going. My steaming pile of sleet will be bigger than yours so sleet envy will come into play. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Oh make no mistake, you will get sleeted one too. If you stand outside without a hat during the height of the sleetiest sleet you can get a pretty good sleet head going. My steaming pile of sleet will be bigger than yours so sleet envy will come into play. 

I'll say this, this storm is a fun as hell one for my very first WSW to track.

Models have been pretty kind to me up in Gaithersburg so I've still got my fingers and toes crossed.

9 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

I'm with Randy in this. we don't need even more idiots in the storm thread.

Tough guy on a computer syndrome huh lol! It really is sad the name some people give to the good ones in the MA forum just by association. I am a dual sub forum guy because of my geographic location. Never in my life have I ever seen anything like this. Pack is a good dude man. He didnt post bs and junk in here he has a passiom for weather. He told me Randy apologized so it is what it is. 

Thanks for having my back, Buddy.  Yes, I'm from NC, but love winter weather as we all do.  I read every post, so I'm pretty sure that when I post a map or information, it is not something that has been posted yet.  Randy and I are good.  I will post if I have something pertinent to add, just like I would hope all of you would.  Anyway, back to the weather.  NCEP is so slow with the GFS....I think we broke it...the board here is not far behind it seems like...

1 minute ago, packfan98 said:

Thanks for having my back, Buddy.  Yes, I'm from NC, but love winter weather as we all do.  I read every post, so I'm pretty sure that when I post a map or information, it is not something that has been posted yet.  Randy and I are good.  I will post if I have something pertinent to add, just like I would hope all of you would.  Anyway, back to the weather.  NCEP is so slow with the GFS....I think we broke it...the board here is not far behind it seems like...

You're good dude. No worries. There's a handful or 2 in your sub that are extremely similar with knowledge and posting style as the good enthusiasts here. You are one of them and always welcome in my book. 

One thing to keep in mind though. Just like in your area, there are serious considerations with local climo that always have to be factored in. That knowledge goes far beyond what any model says. I don't understand your area's climo favored/unfavored locations at all so when a storm is walking the line I could never add more than what the locals do down there. The push back you'll get here is because (like your area) tensions are high when there's a dividing line of winners and losers. Someone from the SE simply doesn't have the local knowledge to help discern exactly where that line will be. I'm not being critical at all. Just telling you like it is. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

You're good dude. No worries. There's a handful or 2 in your sub that are extremely similar with knowledge and posting style as the good enthusiasts here. You are one of them and always welcome in my book. 

One thing to keep in mind though. Just like in your area, there are serious considerations with local climo that always have to be factored in. That knowledge goes far beyond what any model says. I don't understand your area's climo favored/unfavored locations at all so when a storm is walking the line I could never add more than what the locals do down there. The push back you'll get here is because (like your area) tensions are high when there's a dividing line of winners and losers. Someone from the SE simply doesn't have the local knowledge to help discern exactly where that line will be. I'm not being critical at all. Just telling you like it is. 

Thanks Bob.  I definitely understand that there are nuances to consider.  You won't find me making predictions.  Just reading and occasionally sharing info.  Good luck!

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol i may just hang out in banter since i can barely get the board to load. 

meltdowns i see? 

No meltdowns just some were being rude for no reason. Bob is always a great mediator lol. I get his reasoning. I can honestly say I dont have a general idea of what climo etc is for you folks. I just know you cover central virginia and so I consider sw va a spot for me to be able to utilize this forum. I just dont like to see a guy that is very knowledgeable with this stuff be dragged through the mud regardless where he is from. Ive never seen him post some dumb ass post or question ever. Its always factual and based off actual evidence so.. no hard feelings toward anyone.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived