Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13/14 Storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jebman said:

we are all going to wake up tomorrow and be pleasantly surprised.

we are all going to use the Force and Bring this one home.

Remember in February I sent you down a couple of really good squalls...send me what you can later tonight.  Just look NW and give a nod...thank you friend

Since it seems to be happening this way again, I feel inclined to repost this...
 (To be sung to the tune Justin Tucker sings on the Royal Farms commercial)
Corridor of I-95
Snow north and west
Southeast a mess
Where the rain-snow line goes no one can see
Why can't the models agreeee? 
And if the storm's suppressed
We'll be depressed
And snowholes tear our soulllllll!!!

23 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Remember in February I sent you down a couple of really good squalls...send me what you can later tonight.  Just look NW and give a nod...thank you friend

I'll use the Force, send you some thundersnows. You're gonna need a bigger shovel!

2 minutes ago, VAsnowlvr82 said:

Question from an amateur here. Why wouldn't we benefit from dynamic cooling in a situation like this? Is the warm layer during the sleet fest too big to overcome?

Now that I see the strength of the low I am inclined to think some surprises are in store.  

2 minutes ago, VAsnowlvr82 said:

Yea I might tend to agree with you, but I know very little so it could just be wishful thinking.

You know what, I wish I didn't know what I know now. Storms become a chore instead of an experience. I had never looked at a weather model before until 2006. Part of me thinks going down that rabbit hole was a mistake. It's like pandora and stuff. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

You know what, I wish I didn't know what I know now. Storms become a chore instead of an experience. I had never looked at a weather model before until 2006. Part of me thinks going down that rabbit hole was a mistake. It's like pandora and stuff. 

Straight up snow with deep cold is so much easier.  This is challenging but potentially more fun.  Enjoy the ride. It's all we got.  I relaized earlier that regardless if I'm negative or positive what will happen is going to happen

1 minute ago, BristowWx said:

Straight up snow with deep cold is so much easier.  This is challenging but potentially more fun.  Enjoy the ride. It's all we got.  I relaized earlier that regardless if I'm negative or positive what will happen is going to happen

Exactly. The real letdowns are when a storm goes poof in close range or all rain. March 2013 was a real disaster. You may have done ok with snow. I got totally screwed. At least this storm will be a significant winter storm. Messy and complicated but the chances of going poof or all rain are pretty much zero at this point. 

46 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

LOL, NAM would have us near to mixing out here. 

This storm sucks, :lol: 

Damn straight. Only good thing about it is that our miserable melt will be done well before those the one those suckers up in the Poconos, North Jersey, and towards NYC will have to deal with.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Exactly. The real letdowns are when a storm goes poof in close range or all rain. March 2013 was a real disaster. You may have done ok with snow. I got totally screwed. At least this storm will be a significant winter storm. Messy and complicated but the chances of going poof or all rain are pretty much zero at this point. 

No I did poorly as well.  My location has nothing to offer except being 20 miles west of Fail Line.  But I too am not expecting rain at this point but I might have to eat those words.  Jeb will save me and block the rain line.

7 minutes ago, Demeter said:

I lived in south jersey during the valentines sleet storm....one of the coolest storms I've seen. It all froze and was just glaciers everywhere. At this point, I would be happy with that. 

Jan 94 here had an epic sleet storm on MLK weekend. I have never shoveled that much sleet. Had to be 6" of cement

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived