Weathernoob335
March 13/14 Storm Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

:lol:

I even broke character and 1) melted and 2) went off on a poster who said I was wishcasting. 

I guess I'm ready for war too and I'm on the other side of heaven's gate lol. 

Wx is fun. 

Lol.  You took care of it.  Don't apologize.  If mods can jump in and just delete that kind of bs it would be great. We are in storm mode. 

"Thanks, but we don't need some ne'er do well from NC giving us updates on a terrible ensemble model."

One of two extremely rude quotes by Stormtracker to Packfan98. The other one was something along the lines of if we need an assist for a pbp we wouldve asked. I mean how freakin much of a d*ck can you honestly be? The guy truly enjoys weather and you act like a teo year old? Ive been studying and watching this for days and find it ridiculous people act like this. We just had this issue the other day with ers. Cmon fellas we are most def better than having our arrogance show like this. Wth did the guy do wrong? He posted analysis of a model, regaddless of how sh*tty it may be.

I really wish people would follow meteorology and not modelology. I could very well be eating crow tomorrow but things have trended almost exactly as I was expecting them to just based on the synoptic pattern. I will do an after thought post if things fully end up as I expect as to why the models had such a hard time with the sensible weather even with the correct synoptics. Use the tools available to you. I'd love to see forecasting threads more than model analysis threads once this storm wraps up. Models are only a tool to a good forecast

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Just now, vinylfreak89 said:

I really wish people would follow meteorology and not modelology. I could very well be eating crow tomorrow but things have trended almost exactly as I was expecting them to just based on the synoptic pattern. I will do an after thought post if things fully end up as I expect as to why the models had such a hard time with the sensible weather even with the correct synoptics. Use the tools available to you. I'd love to see forecasting threads more than model analysis threads once this storm wraps up. Models are only a tool to a good forecast

If you don't mind me asking, what do you expect the final solution to end up looking like?

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

MN Transplant always has really sad obs in storms like this. Accurate, but sad. He'll be reporting mixed precip and then rain within a couple hours of the event starting. 

I try.  I really hope we don't go to rain though.

1 hour ago, snjókoma said:

He had 4" in Snowquester... thats not bad compared to most.

March 2013 is where my elevation has really stood out since I moved here.  Not sure it'll be much of a benefit on this one since the problem is at 800mb and not in the near-ground boundary layer.

I love you. I like your posts. I agree with you. But you're not going to get majority "meteorology" posts here when most have less than 2" on the year and this is our first only last chance to have anything halfway decent. Just not gonna happen. 

I'd love more sounding plots too but half the battle around other very sick people is having unrealistic hope. 

I think that's a fair statement, but it's not just this board, it's the industry as a whole, and its one reason this is no longer a career path for me, but instead a hobby (I'm 27 working as a software engineer and have been on Eastern/AmWx on/off since 2005 or so).

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived