Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

But that dry slot....progged wind gusts on the Euro are pretty much insane.

I'm not sure why that has your panties in a bunch. There will still be one on the 12z Euro. PVD-GHG and SE would definitely see some unfavorable snow soundings for a while. 

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm not sure why that has your panties in a bunch. There will still be one on the 12z Euro. PVD-GHG and SE would definitely see some unfavorable snow soundings for a while. 

He can't tolerate anything that can be remotely construed as marginalizing the impact of a wintery event....whether said analysis is objective and empirically based or not.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Bunch?  Just  never appeared to me based on the entire continental setup, prior analogs and the great cluster of all Ens members just outside the Cape while Mids parallel along until becoming stacked and occlusion begins. 

This thread is running so fast its hard to keep up.  AMWX server doing a great job with so much traffic.

Questions for the Mets.  What is a realistic snow ratio for this storm for inland areas.  Is 10/1 the way to go or would it be higher in the Worcester Hills up through inland areas of New England.  Also I noted the high was 1035mb in Quebec.  That seems like a pretty strong high pressure.  Wind gradient will be more intense than typical nor'easters?

This 12Z Euro run is about as good as it can get for East Coast Weather weenies.  I guess the March 13 1993 would effect a larger area but this is better for New England because it is intensifying further north.

Realistically what type of snow ration would this storm have in inland areas away from Ocean influence.  Is the Euro 10/1 good or would it be higher away from the coast?

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

He can't tolerate anything that can be remotely construed as marginalizing the impact of a wintery event....whether said analysis is objective and empirically based or not.

Thats a line of BS

Basically total insult, GFY in the nicest way. Enjoy your 20 plusser dry slot and all.

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Bunch?  Just  never appeared to me based on the entire continental setup, prior analogs and the great cluster of all Ens members just outside the Cape while Mids parallel along until becoming stacked and occlusion begins. 

Well it was a pretty bold move to ignore the fact that the Euro and even GFS to some extent have portions of the dry slot moving over SNE.

1 minute ago, wxeyeNH said:

This thread is running so fast its hard to keep up.  AMWX server doing a great job with so much traffic.

Questions for the Mets.  What is a realistic snow ratio for this storm for inland areas.  Is 10/1 the way to go or would it be higher in the Worcester Hills up through inland areas of New England.  Also I noted the high was 1035mb in Quebec.  That seems like a pretty strong high pressure.  Wind gradient will be more intense than typical nor'easters?

This 12Z Euro run is about as good as it can get for East Coast Weather weenies.  I guess the March 13 1993 would effect a larger area but this is better for New England because it is intensifying further north.

Realistically what type of snow ration would this storm have in inland areas away from Ocean influence.  Is the Euro 10/1 good or would it be higher away from the coast?

This has some potential to be higher up our way. The DGZ is pretty deep considering how cold the antecedent air mass is. Of course it's going to be windy, so stick close to climo (12 or 13:1) and you'll be fine.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Aside from those with jackpot fever that was the best regionwide run you could ask for from D.C. to BTV to CAR to BOS.

I would be perfectly happy with the 12 or so it puts out here. It definitely doesn't have to be a jackpot with this to be memorable.

Archived