Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Wish we could lock at that H5 look...that would make a massive percentage of the forum happy. (sorry powderfreak and eyewall)

We know the drill ;).

BTV has already issued it's normal one Winter Storm Warning of the year but BOS isn't up to their normal 8 a Winter yet, so bound to beat few big ones left there.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

We'll find you hanging from the rafters of an outdoor BBQ joint sometime later next week.

Does he have any idea of the DFW and missed HECS connection.  Hint-I made a conscious decision to never ever go there in winter again.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm just going to jump into one of those steerhead horns mounted on a Cadillac. 

Or just do a bellyflop into a rattlesnake pit while Weymouth is reporting S+ for hours and reading posts on your phone of amarshall buried under 22", Jerry with 2 feet, and Ray complaining he got 18".

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Also maps that cut off 75% of the posters in this forum.

True but we know how these play out already...not even worth the bandwidth of the maps.  Gradient around Dendrite to Hippy.  Crushing blow BOS to TOL.  Rinse and repeat for the next decade ;).

Just now, OceanStWx said:

Kuchera aside, given the Euro depiction I would say model QPF is underdone. "Only" around 0.80" for GYX given that mid level evolution? I'll take the over.

Yeah mid-levels are at their max intensification while passing by New England....so we'd probably see easily over 1 inch qpf amounts in a large area. Esp considering this system has a bit of southern connection too.

Anyways, I'm sure it will look different at 00z. Too bad we're still in that fringe time range...day 6 is not complete clown range, but it's not nearly as confident as like 84-96 hours.

10 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Does he have any idea of the DFW and missed HECS connection.  Hint-I made a conscious decision to never ever go there in winter again.

I sort of have to. I'll be happy if I do well...all that matters. 

And LOL Will. Ray will definitely complain about a 25DBZ sucker hole.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah mid-levels are at their max intensification while passing by New England....so we'd probably see easily over 1 inch qpf amounts in a large area. Esp considering this system has a bit of southern connection too.

Anyways, I'm sure it will look different at 00z. Too bad we're still in that fringe time range...day 6 is not complete clown range, but it's not nearly as confident as like 84-96 hours.

1 inch per 6 hr stuff in a cold environment is cray

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It's D6,  by Sunday some will be fretting over a coastal hugger.

I'm just joking...but if I'm a betting man the odds would be stacked more towards recent confirmation bias, haha.

Good off season case study to look at the last 5 years worth of big ticket events.

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

let alone the fork lightning thunder squalls nest in meso bands...

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Call me nerdy but I'm psyched to see the individual GEF members... I bet there's some solutions that are 'off the charts' - pun most certainly intended.. 

We will call you cheap for not wanting to pay the $100/year to have paid access.

12 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Jan 2011 , good analog

was just going to ask if there are some CIPS analogs people have access to yet?  was thinking boxing day but if we will go through the same model gyrations as that storm I will need psychiatric treatment when over.

1 minute ago, cleetussnow said:

was just going to ask if there are some CIPS analogs people have access to yet?  was thinking boxing day but if we will go through the same model gyrations as that storm I will need psychiatric treatment when over.

Not even close enough yet for that.

Archived