Newest Member
    joxey
March medium/long range disco

psuhoffman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, stormtracker said:

**** it, I'm zombified back in.  You guys are having way too much fun and this is closer in and it keeps ticking south.   If we fail, we fail.

welcome back from the dark side.  Northern MD to almost BWI is now int the game.  Congrats....another nice tick.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_16.png

The reason we're seeing a trend south for once is because we actually have a pretty nasty west based -nao/davis straight block. For the last few years all we've seen is north trends leading in for the most part because unblocked progressive flow meets little resistance to head poleward. We could easily fail again but it will certainly be a different type of fail than the countless others.

gfs_z500a_nhem_17.png 

9 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

The reason we're seeing a trend south for once is because we actually have a pretty nasty west based -nao/davis straight block. For the last few years all we've seen is north trends leading in for the most part because unblocked progressive flow meets little resistance to head poleward. We could easily fail again but it will certainly be a different type of fail than the countless others.

gfs_z500a_nhem_17.png 

HM said this AM , with gun to head , that he feared a more Southerly outcome for the Sunday event 

2 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

I would think the farther south Friday comes, that's bad news for the weekend storm, but what do I know.

Hold that thought.  At 114 540's have ticked nicely south but LP went N out in the plains.  Could be a nice evolution IMO.  you'll know in about 10 min.

Nut

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived