Newest Member
    joxey
March medium/long range disco

psuhoffman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

A couple days ago when the gfs was the snowy model and euro dr no everyone was saying "go with the euro" "why do we ever look at the gfs". Funny how now we all know the euro will be wrong all of a sudden. The real rule is go with the model that screws us over. 

Delayed but not denied wont work imo. That is what the GFS/GEFS has been selling the last couple runs. I mentioned in a post this morning I was not at all a fan of its advertised evolution. And now its just denied lol. Hopefully the recent Euro/EPS runs have the better(and right) idea. 70s next Sunday for highs, or 30s?

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

At least one thing is certain. One, or both, are gonna be monumentally wrong (at least for an 8 day forecast).

I wouldn't even go that far. It's one run of one model. It's not like the Euro has consistently shown a snowstorm in that timeframe for several runs now or something. I would need to see a model attempt to lock on a solution for a period of time before I would say it was monumentally wrong.

Just now, osfan24 said:

I wouldn't even go that far. It's one run of one model. It's not like the Euro has consistently shown a snowstorm in that timeframe for several runs now or something. I would need to see a model attempt to lock on a solution for a period of time before I would say it was monumentally wrong.

It has been consistently showing a storm along the east coast or implying one just after day 10 a couple days ago when it didn't go out far enough. Details shift at that range but the euro definitely has tagged that period for an east coast storm. If it shifts way west like the gfs it's a loss for the euro. 

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived