Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March medium/long range disco

psuhoffman

Just now, Bob Chill said:

Yea, the mean is a MA special too so DC/Balt is dead center of the various tracks for the members that snow on the region. Couple nice hits in there too. Best d7 run of the EPS in a very long time. I can't even remember the last one that was better. lol

Its been a long time. Mean through our entire area is 2+. Roughly half the members have our area as the target, or very close "miss" to the north or south. Pretty darn good signal at this range.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

lol no

It was a suppressed event. Got as far north as Salisbury.

Can't blame a guy for tryin...(was just playin but sounded good while I typed it).

Liking the dare I say...trends for the next couple weeks. Better late than never??

hoping we can finally get a threat into the mid range. 

Nut

20 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

EPS looking pretty good for d7-8. A few misses south and north but the majority of snow producers put us in the game. 

Snow mean out to day 9 is a huge jump so far. Of the day 10-15 period has any threats also it might end up a weenie run.  

Bigger threat with the day 7 storm is it gets sheared out that's how we miss more then north or south. We are the bullseye of the snow but several members simply shear out the system.

good news is through day 9 some of those members then hit with the day 8-9 thing. Several shots it looks like. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

After the d7-8 storm it just becomes a splattering of different timing but this run is pushing a 9 on the weenyomiter across the board. Woah

I'll take it and end my weekend on a high note before the inevitable crushing blow the models will deliver tomorrow or the next day.  

Snowfall means have improved a good deal through the 15 day period from the 00z EPS run. Roughly an inch and half increase area wide with an expansion southward that now puts the 2 inch line into southern Va. Looking at the individual members also is very encouraging. Many good hits now showing, in a word or two many of the members are becoming very colorful.

Edit: Forgot the all important means for the cities. 4 inch mark runs through Balt and is just north of DC.

Euro would be a KU storm if it if it weren't for the + height anomalies over the south central states.  Maybe we can cobble up a decent shortwave anyway.  I hope we get a 6+ storm from being kept in suspense so long in a winter I'd like to flush down the toilet.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

18z gefs made a notable shift south with the d7 event compared to 12z. Not as sweet as the eps but a shift nonetheless.

Things seem to be trending in our favor at the right time.

What are the max snowfall numbers down south on the operational Euro?  Thanks. 

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I'd like to see that mean at 168 hours

Based on what I saw on the 12z eps and 18z gefs, the d7 deal is only the beginning. A lot of storminess showing up through the ends of the runs. This is by far the longest window we've seen all year on the ensembles. Once that gradient pattern is in place it looks repetitive. Too far out to feel any confidence in accuracy but for now the ens have a legit threat @ d7 and more to come. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Based on what I saw on the 12z eps and 18z gefs, the d7 deal is only the beginning. A lot of storminess showing up through the ends of the runs. This is by far the longest window we've seen all year on the ensembles. Once that gradient pattern is in place it looks repetitive. Too far out to feel any confidence in accuracy but for now the ens have a legit threat @ d7 and more to come. 

I'll stick with Sunday.  That's the one I want.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived