Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, medmax said:

Hey Scott, are you thinking we get any mixing later today with the overrunning WAA aloft?  Looks like an impressive area of sleet (yellows/reds on radar suggestive) in the Appalachians of Pennsylvania (my home state).  

In Waltham? I think you are safe for snow. I suppose if we dryslot briefly and the CF makes it to you it ma briefly mix with a little -RA..but I think you look good.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Do you think there's light stuff overnight , and does CCB get back to NE CT and ORH?

I don't think it makes it to you..even ORH may be tough. I think most of your snow is the thump today. Even I'm not sure how much of that CCB will even get here. Hopefully the 12z stuff has everything nice and sampled and we have some agreement. Models did not offer confidence at 6z.

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm also calling BS on model srfc temps today over the interior. There should be a CF that IMO won't make it much past Ray...at least when playing the climo card. 

Agreed. Won't be surprised if places like ORH are 23-25 when models had them at 31-32. 

Not a good night to be on Georges

ANZ805-122030-  GEORGES BANK BETWEEN CAPE COD AND 68W NORTH OF 1000 FM-  233 AM EST SUN FEB 12 2017    HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING    TODAY  E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 6 TO 10 FT.  TONIGHT  SE WINDS INCREASING TO 25 TO 35 KT...THEN BECOMING  W. SEAS BUILDING TO 9 TO 13 FT. RAIN WITH VSBY 1 NM OR LESS.  MON  W WINDS INCREASING TO 45 TO 55 KT...THEN BECOMING NW 50  TO 65 KT. SEAS BUILDING TO 20 TO 31 FT. CHANCE OF SNOW.

Archived