Newest Member
    joxey
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That QPF distribution leads me to believe there would be CCB action from that first orange color NE in Mass

It appears to be that way just based off the position of the SLP in the GOM, My guess is the Euro may tic east as well, Been watching the ukie and Euro and the Euro has been following for the most part.

5 minutes ago, Hazey said:

As exciting as this is, it's getting down right scary looking. Even the Ukie has Halifax over 50mm qpf. Could be stranded for days. Off to the liquor store I go for essential supplies.

Seriously. It is all fun and games until it's life or death. Good luck up there. You and your neighbors have weathered storms like this before - you've got this.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The only modeling that gives me a shot at 18-20 is 12z GFS not as bad as having only CMC on your side but i've seen GFS crap itself within 12 hrs too many times

Ok..18-20" ...ouside shot.

But 2'?

Verifying the lower end of your range is a consolation, not a goal.

Jay, no offense.....just disagree a bit.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I don't agree with the higher amounts. BOX has gone wild lately with a lot of things.

I haven't seen the accum map. Just speaking to his location especially. Easily cold enough for entire storm, plus he could get ccb. If we see that thunderstorm type of stuff... he would be one of the locations in mass I'd favor for those high end amounts.

2 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

For him? I mean I think overall right now I'd forecast a 10-16" range to be exact.

I was just speaking that 12-24" isn't out of the realm of possibilities. I *could* see him get 16-24".

10-16" is ok....

I'm even downgrading from my first 12-18" call....modeling is still largely ambivalent regarding impact of CCB in ne MA (Hi, Kev)....I needed that gain traction.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I could see 8-10" if the CCB totally whiffs...which is a distinct possibility. 

Yeah I agree. As much as anyone doesn't want it to happen, a range needs to include a worst case scenario that is still realistic. I'd prob go like 9-15 there

4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

For him? I mean I think overall right now I'd forecast a 10-16" range to be exact.

I was just speaking that 12-24" isn't out of the realm of possibilities. I *could* see him get 16-24".

"Within the realm of possibilities" should not be synonymous with forecast.

I mean...its within the realm of possibilities that you're going to undergo a gender transition....should I take the leap of faith and refer to you as Jaylo?

Quite a bit colder throughout the NE than progged. Wintry precip down to NYC metro. I don't think they ever get above freezing down there.

I think there's a real risk this bombs out closer to CC's latitude/longitude. I have a feeling this ticking south continues through go time. I just don't see how the surface makes it much north/west of there given the 500 mb track sliding SE.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

10-16" is ok....

I'm even downgrading from my first 12-18" call....modeling is still largely ambivalent regarding impact of CCB in ne MA (Hi, Kev)....I needed that gain traction.

If we are getting 10-12" south of pike..you're getting in the 14-18" range easily..just sit back , relax and put on your slippers

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

Quite a bit colder throughout the NE than progged. Wintry precip down to NYC metro. I don't think they ever get above freezing down there.

I think there's a real risk this bombs out closer to CC's latitude/longitude. I have a feeling this ticking south continues through go time.

A lot of guidance has ticked east.

Archived