Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Sunday SWFE..Monday Coastal?

CoastalWx

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Quite a bit colder throughout the NE than progged. Wintry precip down to NYC metro. I don't think they ever get above freezing down there.

I think there's a real risk this bombs out closer to CC's latitude/longitude. I have a feeling this ticking south continues through go time.

I won't argue against that

i could see central maine getting the charlie brown treatment

If euro is South again with ULL and slower with developement/ progressive then we take em down up in Maine

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

Guidance can be wrong by 50+ miles into go time--even the euro--particularly with these really dynamic systems. 

i see a lot better shot of this going south with weaker slower development than south and then rapid deepening and a thunderous CCB enveloping PVD-PSM but we will know in a moment

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Just telling what it shows. Still gets ern areas after 6z. Could be nasy from like 9z-15z.

Yeah it's still a pretty decent hit actually. It's just that it is slightly east of 00z which was a bit weaker than 12z yesterday. 

I think tomorrow morning is going to be nasty in E MA but I'd lean like 2-4" from CCB instead of another 6-8". Maybe Essex county can get a bit more. They seem to be in a good spot for it. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it's still a pretty decent hit actually. It's just that it is slightly east of 00z which was a bit weaker than 12z yesterday. 

I think tomorrow morning is going to be nasty in E MA but I'd lean like 2-4" from CCB instead of another 6-8". Maybe Essex county can get a bit more. They seem to be in a good spot for it. 

That's what I am thinking. But darn...if only that were 50 miles SW...lol.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

That's what I am thinking. But darn...if only that were 50 miles SW...lol.

I guess we'll see. That's still a pretty dangerous spot for a deepening H5 low. Could be some surprises with this. It could also be one of those "lingerers" where steady snow lasts deeper into Monday afternoon than we think. Like steady half inch per hour stuff. Who knows though...nowcast it will be. 

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sweet Ray, add in ratios 

Yeah, I think this worth mentioning. I don't think we'll see crazy 15:1 or better ratios anywhere but I can see a little better than 10:1 (like 11-12:1) as you go farther N and W from Boston. I said it earlier but the soundings look pretty good and there is decent lift in the DGZ.

7 minutes ago, BRSno said:

Crazy the difference a few miles makes. Been downtown most of the morning with mostly snow, and the roomie in Eastie says barely any snow yet. 

Have a feeling BOX will bust with it's 12-18" for BOS. Feeling pretty confident for 6-12" though.

Been all rain here the past few hours. BOS actually dropped to 34. Once this stuff moves in I will probably flip.

Archived