Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

Back home i have to deal with dryslots with storms like this. Is that much of a thing up here?

You guys usually get screwed by the transfer during miller b's right? We're usually safer up here during deepening storms....But the east end and southern jersey shore deal with it occasionally, and the rest of us almost as often. The substinence is an issue for sure though, with the stronger bands someone usually gets royally screwed compared to an area only a few miles away.

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

I agree with that.  This storm is so progressive and it's absolutely bombing as it tracks quickly from the Deleware coast to SE of the ACK, so LI will probably end up with the highest totals.

I'm looking for a monster band on the NW side of this thing tomorrow as it bombs - it'll be a wall of snow everywhere (no true dry slots) but the western edge will probably have a crazy deform band - ARW and NMM are picking it up and have seen it too many times to discount what they are depicting.

But still would broadbrush 8-12 everywhere with potential for 15... Just think that 15 probably happens to N & W of the city - LI may get that too due to longer time under the expanding snow shield.

8 minutes ago, danstorm said:

I'm looking for a monster band on the NW side of this thing tomorrow as it bombs - it'll be a wall of snow everywhere (no true dry slots) but the western edge will probably have a crazy deform band - ARW and NMM are picking it up and have seen it too many times to discount what they are depicting.

But still would broadbrush 8-12 everywhere with potential for 15... Just think that 15 probably happens to N & W of the city - LI may get that too due to longer time under the expanding snow shield.

I think thats fair.  I just have a hard time believing in huge numbers in the HV seeing how progressive this is.   Don't get me wrong though, this is a big storm for this entire subforum.

Looking like Philly might be shafted-the earlier runs today had up to double what tonight's runs have. It's always risky being on the SW end of events like these. This might turn into a mostly NYC area to Boston snowstorm. 

This is looking increasingly like a Nemo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Archived