Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

I had a 3-5 inch an hour snowband that went through my area during that storm.

If there was a legit -NAO block in place to slow the flow down tomorrow, this would have almost certainly been a top snowstorm of all time for the metro area, feet of snow, easily. The only thing not going for it is the progressive pattern we are in with very fast flow. 

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

If there was a legit -NAO block in place to slow the flow down tomorrow, this would have almost certainly been a top snowstorm of all time for the metro area, feet of snow, easily. The only thing not going for it is the progressive pattern we are in with very fast flow. 

Agreed big time. That's why the greats are the greats, we have all the ducks in a row other then the fast flow!!

48 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

I'll take the under on mixing. Dews in the column are fine on the GFS by the time precip gets in here, as per sounding. That should wet-bulb right down to a snow bomb.

..good to hear..i was a little concerned about that.

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

in the next 2 weeks if that block is real as modeled we could get another big one.   MJO into a strong phase 8 too.  

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

To be fair, this storm was modeled to be a sheared out mess a few days ago. Who knows what'll happen with that one. It has a lot of potential. 

Agree-a week is an eternity.    This storm appeared initially over a week ago-disappeared and then came back suddenly on Sunday.

2 hours ago, ag3 said:

Jan. 27, 2011 dropped 12"-20" from 8pm to 3am.

Here's a video link from just after midnight Jan 27, 2011 from southern Brooklyn. There is a bulding just to the left of the large trees in the center-right of the frame. This 8 storey building is ~ 1/10 mile from my window.

20 minutes ago, bklnwx1 said:

Here's a video link from just after midnight Jan 27, 2011 from southern Brooklyn. There is a bulding just to the left of the large trees in the center-right of the frame. This 8 storey building is ~ 1/10 mile from my window.

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing.

Archived