Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

I think Middlesex is also good for 8-10", maybe up to 12" in Carteret (far NE part of the county), lol, as most of the models are still showing a relatively quick changeover and enough precip (close to 1") total.  However, precip amounts look less for Somerset, Hunterdon, and Mercer and there looks to be more rain SE of us in Monmouth, especially near the coast, so all of those locations could end up with 6-8" for total precip and/or mixing reasons.  That's if the GFS/NAM are correct.  I think you and I get 10" or more if we changeover by 5 am - going to set my alarm for about 4 am, after going to sleep after the Euro, lol.  

Lee Goldberg and Nick Gregory still bullish on 8-12" for all of CNJ/NNJ (north of about 195) and they're usually pretty good.  TWC also has us in their 8-12" swath.  Hey, given where we were 2 days ago, 6" will be great, although I'll be bummed a bit, given what was looking to be possible earlier today.  

Agreed. Gregory and Goldberg are solid. Didn't we pull 5 for that event in Jan? And today WAS a beautiful day, so let's enjoy the snow. I'd like as much as we can get, but hey8 is fine.

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

I think Middlesex is also good for 8-10", maybe up to 12" in Carteret (far NE part of the county), lol, as most of the models are still showing a relatively quick changeover and enough precip (close to 1") total.  However, precip amounts look less for Somerset, Hunterdon, and Mercer and there looks to be more rain SE of us in Monmouth, especially near the coast, so all of those locations could end up with 6-8" for total precip and/or mixing reasons.  That's if the GFS/NAM are correct.  I think you and I get 10" or more if we changeover by 5 am - going to set my alarm for about 4 am, after going to sleep after the Euro, lol.  

Lee Goldberg and Nick Gregory still bullish on 8-12" for all of CNJ/NNJ (north of about 195) and they're usually pretty good.  TWC also has us in their 8-12" swath.  Hey, given where we were 2 days ago, 6" will be great, although I'll be bummed a bit, given what was looking to be possible earlier today.  

From the Driscoll Bridge on north has the best chance of seeing 12" or possibly a little more but a widespread 8-12" snowfall is likely countywide depending on location. I am going with a magic number of 11.0" in the Woodbridge/Carteret area.

Those maps above are why NYC/NNJ and east increased on the snow maps if anything while SW of that decreased. If the storm evolves like this, trust me, practically everyone in this subforum will be very happy. And it's practically nowcast time-it's as good or better to just watch your own conditions vs a model besides the very short range ones.

Not surprising giving the upper air evolution we've seen today which is increasingly better for New England. The problem is the slower creep of the cold air and more amped low which keeps the warm air longer on the SW end of it. The freak outs are going too far but no use in denying this turning more into a 1/12/11 or Nemo kind of event. 

Nemo. Yes sir.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Archived