• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    LanaM
    Newest Member
    LanaM
WxUSAF

February Obs/Disco Thread

Was just checking the power outages in my area. It is not a lot. Only 120 houses. But they are definitely in the direction i saw the blue explosions. I wonder how many houses are on one transformer?

6 minutes ago, MGorse said:

Cool thanks! It would help if we got more reports from that county. 

Awful may have been the wrong word. But they are a forgotten county. I understand the point about reports. But, like I said IMO it should be apart of Sterling. Its west of the bay and usually represents the weather in Baltimore more so than Philly.

1 minute ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Awful may have been the wrong word. But they are a forgotten county. I understand the point about reports. But, like I said IMO it should be apart of Sterling. Its west of the bay and usually represents the weather in Baltimore more so than Philly.

I think you meant to use the word awful. We do not forget them, but many times we have no idea what is happening there. Sterling can have those counties but that is not my call. 

1 minute ago, high risk said:

winds roaring here in southern Howard County, away from best part of line.   saw lightning to my WSW

No chance the lightning was actually a transformer arcing?  RT Lightning map does not show any strikes in the DELMARVA for quite some time. 

Steady wind picking up here in Vienna.  The line is just to our NW, or at least what is left of it.  The precip field had dried up significantly in the last 30 mins. 

2 minutes ago, MGorse said:

I think you meant to use the word awful. We do not forget them, but many times we have no idea what is happening there. Sterling can have those counties but that is not my call. 

Do you work for Mt holly?

Just now, RDM said:

No chance the lightning was actually a transformer arcing?  RT Lightning map does not show any strikes in the DELMARVA for quite some time. 

Steady wind picking up here in Vienna.  The line is just to our NW, or at least what is left of it.  The precip field had dried up significantly in the last 30 mins. 

I wasn't sure at first, but the radar map at marylandwx.com does show one recent flash in Montgomery County, right in the direction I was looking.

1 minute ago, NovaTarHeel said:

Sounded like a train coming. Winds are here in fairfax. Lights flickering. Pretty awesome. 

I'm next. :blink:

8 minutes ago, MGorse said:

Well sorry for the disrespect, but yeah, I think they should. This might sound stupid, but I often find it not productive when I in Essex MD am under a completely different advisory or warning than 15 miles across the bay in Kent County.

Up here NW of Baltimore, winds started about 15 minutes ago and came in with a force.  Most intense gusts were within 5 minutes of onset, but have settled down a bit since then. Looks like some stations close by reported between 50-60 MPH gusts.