Newest Member
    joxey
February Medium/Long Range Discussion Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, paulythegun said:

This probably belongs in banter, but DGEX will be dead soon, and I think we owe it some respect. It has 8" for the beach along the NC/VA border.

Good night, sweet prince

Couldn't care less about the Va/NC border. Sorry :P .  BTW, love your interest in "Rogue dgex runs"!

17 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Even LC is going to go down in flames for February as he felt this month held the best potential for cold and snow of the winter. 

Yes quite true.  In all fairness Feb did look good for a while early on.  Btw, I have fond memories of Middlesex county.  My family is from Iselin.  Exit 131

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

That's LC.  More analyisis less hype from him.  He used to post here many moons ago.

I know. I was just referring to JB and his weekend update. I love listening to them this time of year when a torch period is upon us. It's more about listening to him spin his position than anything. I find it fascinating. Late winter / early spring of 2012 was his most epic performance. The way he held his ground about how winter was gonna make this huge comeback, even when it was in the 70's by mid March and we were wearing shorts in PA.....was epic. Then we had a little 48 hour or so cold snap in early April and he claimed victory. That's hardcore. I like voracious people with brass balls who never admit defeat.

2 hours ago, BristowWx said:

That's LC.  More analyisis less hype from him.  He used to post here many moons ago.

JB's Weekend Summary does that today for a change and well worth wasting 9 minutes of your life besides his initial climo banter.  Start at 3:13 (second video from the top right of his relatively new layout. http://www.weatherbell.com/premium

On 2/2/2017 at 10:21 PM, anotherman said:

Trying to will a storm to happen by showing my Earth Science class this....  

How did I not know about this?! Very cool!

eta: new favorite movie! You got to love how the only really unchanged engineering or technology from this Documentary is D.C.'s metro. Show this to WMATA!

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

GFS indicates highs in the 50s the next two days and rising into the 60s Tuesday - Wednesday (possibly near 70 on Wednesday). Even if temps are able to fall quickly enough for a possible second wave of precip on Thursday, the ground will be rather warm.

6 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Oddly, and sadly, the other thing I remember about that storm, is during its infancy it created icy road conditions near KC, and the great linebacker Derrick Thomas died from injuries sustained in a car accident due to the poor road conditions.

Didn't realize it was that storm, so I just read a small article.  It was icy conditions, but he was apparently going 100mph and weaving through traffic headed to airport.  What a shame.  

The overnight EPS run was encouraging and I have to believe we might actually be tracking a real threat under 5 days. Another run or two should clarify this as to whether it actually exists or if it is just another nudge for our cliff jumpers. 

The overall look of the trough, as well as of the anomalies associated have improved. Surface Low pressure anomalies have sharpened and been drawn closer to the coast. Snowfall means have bumped up roughly an inch area wide. Individual members have improved with roughly double the amount of hits from the 12Z, The impacts (snowfall) of these members have seen a mean increase as well as what looks to be a mean shift northward of snowfall from its more southern solutions previously. All in all this was a very encouraging run.

Side note: Been there and done that but I really think a window from roughly day 9-14 should be watched. EPS has steadily improved the look through that time frame.

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic

Archived