joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem III!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS and EURO getting closer to the H5 setup in both models.  The models are starting to see the storm potential, just a little fixing at H5 over the western US and central Great Lakes with the disturbance than we get our storm.  Right now the trough is wide spread at the base, leaving room out to sea, but if it tightens up a bit closer to the Delmarva Peninsula than we get our system to hit SNE.

The Monday clipper just seems to fade as it heads towards us.  According to WPC the Wednesday clipper has some energy as it moves into the Lakes on Tuesday.  I would think this is the one to watch.  After that, will there be a closed low meandering east out of Mexico?  What does that mean late next week?  a 10 day stretch of dry this winter, would be quite unusual....unusual most winters, so I think something happens to give us a few inches of snow in the next 7 days.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Despite the meltdowns.

BDL is at 18.9" and normal is 18.4"

ORH is at 35" or so and normal is around 30"

BOS 2/3 of normal to date.  But it kind of feels much worse.  Maybe the combination between 12 hour work days and little snow lately has melted me...

Just now, powderfreak said:

You mean the Thurs-Sun upslope snows won't get your rocks off?

Haha.  As few people care the set up does look pretty good for several rounds of orographic snows.

Exciting for so many on here.

nam_total_precip_neng_29.png

That big grey area in the Champlain Valley holds all my excitement.  But good for the resorts.  Pico and Killington still could use a good amount of snow, as coverage (especially at Pico) has been less than stellar.

I'm probably close to normal at 22" and change. 

It's way too early to melt based on the long range. I feel like some of the melts are self-inflicted with the root cause from weenie posts. For the last 7 days there has been a few talking about big potential for next week when nothing was imminent. So, when the progs come up and don't show anything exciting as we get closer, weenies assume it's just another fail promise at an attempt for winter, when indeed nothing was ever imminent. (kevin..cough cough).  Anyways, there is still a window for a chance of light snow in that Wednesday-ish clipper next week. 

Archived