• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weak Coastal January 6th (Rev Kev Storm)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Relative to expectation.

Ok....one marginal warning event in two years.

I stand corrected.

No complaints, though....Feb 2015 was worth it.

I was mentioning/commiserating with Will the other day that considering for many ... 2015 ends 300% of normal snowfall, having 0 snow for two consecutive years makes the three year bid a normal one. This is year two ... and neither are 0... So, if taken to strict extreme, we probably have to throw a third year of turd in the punch bowl to get things fair ... THEN, we pay the bank interest in GW for yet a fourth, to get the 5 year back to losing to global warming... 

Mmm, it's crazy talk - I know... but if I could have my druthers, I'd go for less than Feb 2015 if it means a spreading out a few blockbusters elsewhere in space and time.

Truth be told it's all kind of bullschit anyway... There's no justification in climo - really. That's something that rabble believes.  Oh, it's hot this summer means it's going to be a bad winter.  WRONG.  It's cool summer, and the pattern kept up and made winter bad too - that's probably more likely anyway. Climate itself is dubious - it's just a matter of length of time.  "Stable climates" may only last 500 years...in which, sure..you can expect x-y-z. But the day after that 500 years has elapsed and the new paradigm kicks in... everyone's going, whaaaa -  In any case, it's more likely that 2015 gets to be 300%, than we are like -20% for a couple years...then +70 for  year, ...then -40 for three years, than GW causes a +600% once in a 10,000 year thing...   Add 'em up, divide by n terms = some are happy some are not.

Archived