• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weak Coastal January 6th (Rev Kev Storm)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NAM has really strong frontogenesis over srn areas. With good H7-H5 lift, it definitely bears watching for a weenie band to exist farther north than one thinks. We'll see how the trends today go.

That's bc the NAM is the furtherst NW out of all models. This story sounds familiar...

6z RGEM already caved to the euro and GFS track well southeast of the BM. 

With a 1000-1005 mb low passing 50-100 miles SE of the BM I think most locations northwest of extreme SE MA and SE RI will see mostly flurries and stratus that is only producing above their heads.

The qpf output for areas away from the coast--even on the GFS-- looks generous to me.

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

That's bc the NAM is the furtherst NW out of all models. This story sounds familiar...

6z RGEM already caved to the euro and GFS track well southeast of the BM. 

With a 1000-1005 mb low passing 50-100 miles SE of the BM I think most locations northwest of extreme SE MA and SE RI will see mostly flurries and stratus that is only producing above their heads.

The qpf output for areas away from the coast--even on the GFS-- looks generous to me.

The GFS shows this as well. Verbatim it's a decent look in SE areas and close to BOS-IJD or so. But, we'll see how the trends go today. 

4 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

That seems steep for them for early Jan, I only should be around a foot or so which is roughly where I am

They have a half inch for the year or so right now. To get them near normal, I would say 6-7" or so by the end of the weekend. I was speaking more region wide. I'd need about 4-6 locally. 

Archived