• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Weak Coastal January 6th (Rev Kev Storm)

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NAM has a larger DGZ which would help the fluff. It also has real strong mid level fronto based on the 700mb temp packing.

NAM gone wild. RGEM will probably have a dusting for most except the Cape and adjacent SE MA.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

RGEM is much better than 12 Z couple of tenths better. Interesting trend on this one

I know, 12z was awful. Would have liked to see a bigger shift, but at least it was in the right direction. It's looking good for an inch or two.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

I know, 12z was awful. Would have liked to see a bigger shift, but at least it was in the right direction. It's looking good for an inch or two.

For 30+ hrs out that is a pretty good step towards the NAM, need another push intensity wise to get some instability like the nam to squeeze out a 3-4

12z GFS was good for 1-2" along the coast and had trended nicely from 0z last night. Hopefully the 18z is just a hiccup. Nice to see the RGEM bump a bit north. Certainly wouldn't have my heart set on more than 0.5-1" in CT at this point...maybe some lolli's to 2" in the SE or along the shoreline...and that's being optimistic. Fingers crossed!

Archived