Newest Member
    joxey
2017 Banter Thread #1

jburns

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, packfan98 said:

Has anyone heard from Mathew East?  He hasn't posted anything or made any videos in about two weeks.  I hope that all is well...

there hasn't been anything worthy of discussion in 2 weeks. My guess, he is like the rest of us...watching the west get dumped on.

1 minute ago, Tony Sisk said:

there hasn't been anything worthy of discussion in 2 weeks. My guess, he is like the rest of us...watching the west get dumped on.

Yes, but he usually puts a video and blog post every day that he works all year round, regardless of the weather conditions or pattern.  Maybe he's on a 2 week vacation?

17 hours ago, Timothy Clyde said:

Funny how WxSouth, WxRisk, Brad Panovich, Joe Bastardi, echo my thoughts weeks later but I'm scrutinized for calling it too early. Brad mentioned the Alaska cold and East Coast warmth, WxSouth mentions "deep Feb", WxRisk mentions "week2/3 Feb", et cetera...

I can literally go back on social media and source everything I have called for weeks ago being said today. Patience is virtue. Sheesh, please do me a favor, and clap out and repeat after me"Pat-tern Rec-o-nigh-tion".

At least I do all of this for free and ahead of time.

Speaking of pattern recognition this post just checked the last box on my "are you sure it's wilkes" list.  See ya next time.

54 minutes ago, Jon said:

Motion to make my first storm thread for the Feb 6th storm (after the models get grasp on it, whenever we decide that is)... I can bring some good juju!

2nd that motion - Now Jon - since you're doing this - send me something to take pictures of   :mapsnow:  Phil

6 hours ago, Jon said:

Motion to make my first storm thread for the Feb 6th storm (after the models get grasp on it, whenever we decide that is)... I can bring some good juju!

I'm bored so I'll tell you what I'll do. How confident are you in your juju?  Start the thread whenever you want but you have to state the model on which you are basing your confidence.  If that model loses the storm on any run within 36 hours after you start the thread I will ban you from posting for 3 days. If the model holds and we get a hit I will ban myself for 3 days. The thread must be started at least 72 hours out.

So. You have to ask yourself. Do I feel lucky?  Well, do ya punk? :)

And yes I am serious. Back when I was a principal I accidently let a word fly in the classroom. I put myself in In School Suspension for a full day.  I even marched into the cafeteria with the other school "felons" to get my lunch and take it back to the the ISS room.  Kids loved it and harrassed me pretty good but it eliminated a lot of complaining going forward when I put some of them in there for various things.

28 minutes ago, jburns said:

I'm bored so I'll tell you what I'll do. How confident are you in your juju?  Start the thread whenever you want but you have to state the model on which you are basing your confidence.  If that model loses the storm on any run within 36 hours after you start the thread I will ban you from posting for 3 days. If the model holds and we get a hit I will ban myself for 3 days. The thread must be started at least 72 hours out.

And yes I am serious. Back when I was a principal I accidently let a word fly in the classroom. I put myself in In School Suspension for a full day.  I even marched into the cafeteria with the other school "felons" to get my lunch and take it back to the the ISS room.  Kids loved it and harrassed me pretty good but it eliminated a lot of complaining going forward when I put some of them in there for various things.

I loved ISS! The football coach was watching all the delinquents in there! We got to eat lunch before everyone else ,as to not mingle with the general population! I think your idea for the thread gamble is great!

11 hours ago, jburns said:

haha. I'd be happy to do that, but so far recent trends say I'm not starting a thread. :(

Archived